News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Setup Help - New to VOIP - Required Equipment

Started by dessoir2, January 10, 2019, 08:29:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dessoir2

Hello,

I'm totall new to VOIP, this post will have two separate questions, if you could, please answer them both in a standalone fashion.

• I want to set up a phone at home which will make free calls through my internet, I also want to make 911 emergency calls. What is the simplest way to make this happen?
  • I did some research a while back, forgot most of it but purchased an OBi200. I believe, emergency calls can be made with an OBi. There may be a subscription but it's very cheap, around $1/month, can you confirm? I have a headphone jack on a wall with those metal prongs around the phone wire socket which allows me to connect and hang a phone on the wall. Ideally, I'd like a phone I can connect and mount on said wall and have the handset be wireless. Can you recommend a phone that would fit my need? Will the phone line supply enough power or will I need to provide external source? What am I missing from this equation?

Thanks!