News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Unable to port my Vonage number to GV via T-mobile. What are my other options?

Started by passion_plus, January 13, 2019, 06:49:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

passion_plus

I ported my Vonage numnber to T-mobile successfully but when I tried to port it to Google Voice, I got the error "This number appears to be from an area we don't currently support".

The area code is supported but not the full number. I'd like to keep my number, what are my other options to port that are as economic as Google Voice?

This is for home use, with some unlimited call to US and pay per use to international numbers like 1 cent per minute.

I searched on the forum but couldn't find what I need, excuse me if this info is obvious. :-[

Thanks in advance

drgeoff

How long did you wait between porting to T-Mobile and attempting the port to GV?

SteveInWA

If you received the message, "This number appears to be from an area we don't currently support", then you cannot port that number into Google Voice, no matter what you do.  It makes no difference if you port it again to some other carrier; it will still not be able to be ported to Google Voice.  Your only recourse is to try to find a SIP VoIP service provider that can port it in, and then use that provider's service on your OBiTALK device.

You can check with Callcentric or voip.ms