News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI 200 - Can't provision GV - "Firmware upgrade needed, cannot upgrade"

Started by dcatl, December 18, 2018, 06:54:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dcatl

Obi seems to provision ok at obitalk.com.  (Visible in dashboard)

Status in dashboard is green ball (Online)

When I click "Google Voice Setup" button in dashboard, I get "Firmware upgrade needed.  Cannot upgrade XXXXXXXXX since it is offline.  Please try again when it is online."

I am getting a dialtone from Obitalk and can dial the test number and ***6

Firmware is showing as 3.2.2 (Build 5921EX) in Status / Product Information.

Is this a spurious message or is there really new firmware that I need to install?  The device is brand new out of the box.

Thanks!

SteveInWA

"Spurious message" is a perfect description.  Your device already has the latest firmware installed.

I suggest deleting the device off of the OBiTALK portal have a nice evening, then add it back again tomorrow and try again.

AnDyTnT

I have same Exact Problem Delete add has not done anything for me

SteveInWA

Quote from: AnDyTnT on December 22, 2018, 11:12:15 PM
I have same Exact Problem Delete add has not done anything for me

Follow my instructions linked below.  Perform every step, in order, and not skip any steps.

https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13868.msg89076#msg89076

YelahwFelahw

I had same issue so I used *** to access the OBi config attendant from my phone; then selected Option 9 to reboot; then OBi200 allowed me to successfully setup GV.  :)

JReddy

I am having same issues trying to add Google Voice to my new OBI 202. The device shows online in the dashboard.
"Firmware upgrade needed.
Cannot upgrade 500**** since it is offline. Please try again when it is online."

I followed SteveInWA instructions above to the dot many times, but with no success.

Help!!!

HardwareVersion   1.4      
SoftwareVersion   3.2.2 (Build: 5921EX)

YellowDye

dmt256

Same issue.

"Firmware upgrade needed.
Cannot upgrade xxxxxxxxx since it is offline. Please try again when it is online."

Seizure

same issue for me.

Brand new out of the box

HardwareVersion   1.4   help
SoftwareVersion   3.2.2 (Build: 5921EX)

I've tried factory reset, deleting adding device, checking voice prompt for firmware update (none needed). I've unplugged and replugged and I factory reset via the phone prompts as well

SteveInWA

As this is a multi-user reported problem, it's likely a OBiTALK web portal failure.  Open a ticket with Polycom for help.

https://www.obitalk.com/info/support/request-support

YellowDye

I put in a support request, I will let you know if they respond.

Slava

Same here - just got new Obi200 and keep getting the same error whole day. None of suggested workarounds worked.

SteveInWA

There IS NO workaround.  It's broken.  I reported it to Polycom about a half-hour ago, and got a reply that their engineering team is working on it.  Be patient and it'll get fixed.

Seizure

Seizure

Google Voice setup is working for me now. I think Polycom resolved the issue after all our open support tickets

dmt256

Yay! Confirmed, it is working now. Thanks for putting in the ticket(s)

YellowDye

I submitted a Support Request regarding the issue and received ZERO reply. As far as I am concerned there is no customer support and any support fees are unjustified.