News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Zoiper, Obihai 200, and google setup problem

Started by sundansx, December 20, 2018, 02:59:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sundansx

Hi.  I have been using Obitalk with my obi110 (RIP) and now obi200 for awhile now, but it has been getting really flakey.  I found our recently that you can setup a sip PC phone directly to the Obihai, but I am having some troubles setting it up.  Details:
PC running windows 10 64bit 1803, windows firewall disabled.
Zoiper 3.15.40006 32bit, library rev v2.8.20, free version
Obi200 with firmware 3.2.2 (Build: 5898EX), setup for google voice on SP1

I set things up as detailed in this thread (the "correct" section):
https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=11239.0
Zoiper settings were slightly different for 3.2.2, not sure what version he was using.
I setup the obihai via the obitalk portal using obiexpert (also checked that settings were saved via obi200 web page).

Problem:
when I try to call out I keep getting an error:  "Call failure: SIP404 - Not Found.  No route to destiniation".  I am in the United states and use standard 10digit dialing.  I also called my google voice number from my cell and both the POTS handset (connected to obi200) and Zoiper rang.  I was able to answer the call with zoiper just fine.  I looked in the Zoiper History and the number came in as "+1<10 digits>".  I tried using that number to call and same error came back.  Note, POTS handset can call my cell number successfully.

Any ideas what would cause that?  thanks for any help you can offer.

SteveInWA

AFAIK, this doesn't work anymore, although somebody is likely to post ten pages of digit maps to solve it.

Why do you even need to do this?  What is your use case?

If you want to make calls from Google Voice, use the phone plugged into the OBiTALK device.  If you want to make calls from a smartphone, use the official Google Voice or Hangouts apps.  If you want to make calls from a PC, use the official Google Voice or Hangouts websites.  No further software is needed.

For example, to place a call, go here:  https://hangouts.google.com/

sundansx

thanks for the reply.  I do know about hangouts on PC and am using it, but find the browser app kludgy at best as compared to zoiper and 3CX Phone.  And yes, I do know how to use my handset plugged into my obihai, thanks for pointing that out. 
That said, thank you for notifying me that this is no longer possible with Obihai devices, as I have spent a lot of time on this trying to get it to work.  Do you know what changed in the service that broke this? 

SteveInWA

Some sort of OBi firmware changed borked it.

Call from https://hangouts.google.com/  "It's so simply a caveman can do it".

azrobert

A bug was introduced with one of the firmware upgrades that cause some devices to fail registration. You can successfully route inbound calls to Zoiper indicating registration was successful, so I'm not sure what is wrong. The fix for the bug is to call without registration and can't hurt to try. I think Zoiper can call without registration. If not, Phonerlite is a softphone that can. Turning registration off will break routing inbound calls to Local_Client. You will have to change it to the IP address of the computer running Zoiper. Make the below changes.

Before making any changes, in OBi Expert please go to:
Status -> System Status
Post the Status of SP2 Service

SP2/X_Proxy = unchecked
SP1/X_InboundCallRoute = {SP2(nexus@xx.xx.xx.xx)}

Make sure Zoiper is using port 5060 and not a random number.
Click the Advanced tab then Network.
Under SIP you should have Port 5060 and the "Open Random Port" box unchecked.