News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to just get the latest firmware by adding OBI units to portal

Started by TTCP, December 23, 2018, 07:53:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TTCP

Hi,

I have several OBI200 units at home. Only one of them is hosted in the OBITalk portal, and it is getting the latest firmware, I think. All other units are staying off the portal, and not having the latest firmware.

My question is: I have no intention to put all of my OBI units into the portal. But I still would like all of them to have the latest firmware. If I just add my units to the portal, without doing any service provider set-up (like GV set up), will my units still automatically get the latest firmware, or not?

And if so, how soon will my units get the latest firmware? On day one, or do I need to leave them in the portal for a while?

mike1971

If you have one obi2xx on the portal then it should have the latest firmware, you can get the firmware url from that device under system management, auto provisioning,  firmware url and just download it and then upload it to your other obi's.   200 and 202 use the same firmware, btw..

My obi is running the latest which is 5921.  Here is the url from my device.  http://fw.obihai.com/OBi202-3-2-2-5921EX-332148940.fw    Upload the firmware under System management, device update.    

You can just avoid all of this and add the other devices to the portal long enough to get the firmware update and take them off also..

TTCP

Thanks!  It works great!  Thanks for sharing this nice trick!