News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Forwarding via GV or Softphone with Obi 212

Started by bufbills83, December 23, 2018, 01:27:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bufbills83

Please read thru the following post I have posted previously before reading on...

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=15346.0

Here is my issue:  I did this setup to work.  There was an issue since my google voice number was already linked up to my cellphone that I was using.  Once I signed up with a new google voice number to be used exclusively for the obi212, this setup worked fine.  My only issues are

a.) there is about an 8 second delay  from when my office phone begins to ring to when my cell phone begins to ring.  I do not want this.  Is there any way of getting rid of the delay?

b.) The caller ID on my cellphone shows up as my google voice number, not the extension number that is calling my office phone.  I know one commenter mentioned possibly setting up a softphone setup, which I am not familiar with.  Can I do this?  Will  this fix the delay and caller id issue?

Thank you.

azrobert

Get a free IP Freedom account at Callcentric
https://www.callcentric.com/rate/plans/ip_freedom/

Install a softphone on your Android.
I use CSipSimple which has a wizard for Callcentric setup
Zoiper is another free softphone.

Register your softphone to Callcentric:
Proxy: callcentric.com
UserID: 1777xxxxxxx (Your Callcentric Acct#)
Password

OBi212

Define a dummy trunk on SP4:
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile D SIP -> ProxyServer: 127.0.0.1
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile D SIP -> X_SpoofCallerID: Checked
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_ServProvProfile: D
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> AuthUserName: anything
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_RegisterEnable: (unchecked)

Route inbound Line calls to Phone Port and Callcentric:
Physical Interfaces -> Line Port > InboundCallRoute:
ph,sp4(1777xxxxxxx@in.callcentric.com)

The above might have a shorter delay than GV.

There is a Line Port parm (RingDelay) that introduces a 4 second delay. A delay is needed to acquire the CallerID before routing the inbound call. I have mine set to 3.2 seconds. Some people need a number greater than 4 seconds. The default is 4000 milliseconds. Continue to reduce this number until you stop receiving the callerid then increase it by a tenth of a second until you start receiving the callerid again.

Physical Interfaces -> Line Port -> RingDelay

bufbills83

This method works A LOT better.  There is very little, if any delay.  Thank you so much for your help.

I also left the GV account linked as well.  So, anyone that calls the extention, that call is forked to my office phone as well as my cell phone that has the callcentric/softphone app on it.  Then, I can call the GV number and get the auto attendant, and then have my call put thru.