News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

All other calls work but Obi to Obi?

Started by BCJ508, December 23, 2018, 07:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BCJ508

I have recently setup a 508 with Anveo. I can call in and everything works fine, but if I call in from my home using 200 with GV it rings once and the call drops. What does the group think?

UsualNoise

This is happening to me as well.  Google Voice is fine, but any **9 calls (including **9 222 222 222) fail with either silence or tones followed by an error message.  Is this happening to anyone else?  I've rebooted the Obi 200 but the issue persists.  Again, Google Voice works fine.

drgeoff

At the time of typing this, I can reach the echo test number without problem.

Horse2370

I am having the same symptoms on a Obi 202. Was working fine the Sunday before xmas, and during the following week it stopped working. I use it between my Obi in the US and my parents in the UK.
GV works fine, the Obi echo test number works fine, Obi to Obi does not.

Rebooted Obi.

On my syslog server I see Obi202: SIP_TS:Retx, next in 100 after Call Control initiates the new call , then it backs off for 200, then 400 then 800 then 1600 and finally an annunciator tells me the there was no response from the Service Provider for **9 etc.

Maybe Polycom are playing around with DNS on the proxy servers as this looks like it is just unable to resolve the other endpoint

drgeoff

As of a few moments before typing this my OBi110 in the UK could successfully call an OBi100 in Japan using the **9 followed by 9 digit OBi number method.

Horse2370

If I pm you my Obi number, would you be willing to do a couple of tests before it gets too late in the UK?
Unfortunately I have access to only one other device outside of the US, so my test capabilities are limited :-)
Would provide additional data and hopefully narrow down the issue.

Thanks

drgeoff

Quote from: Horse2370 on December 30, 2018, 12:03:51 PM
If I pm you my Obi number, would you be willing to do a couple of tests before it gets too late in the UK?
Unfortunately I have access to only one other device outside of the US, so my test capabilities are limited :-)
Would provide additional data and hopefully narrow down the issue.

Thanks

OK.

Horse2370

This morning the obi to obi calls are once again working without changing anything.
Thank you drgeoff for your assistance as we tested various calls.