News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Passing PSTN/Caller-ID via OBI200 to a Call-Forward-All Cell Number

Started by geyepa, December 28, 2018, 09:51:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geyepa

Hi all! I'm a newbie to OBI and i have searched quite a bit but, have not found any info for my specific and simple need; so, bear with me.

i have a GoogleVoice number set to the OBI200 SP1 where, when at home, i answer to calls made to my GoogleVoice number with the OBI200 attached phone (PH) which displays the caller's phone# &/or CallerID, correctly.

My particular situation is as follows: when i'm not at home, i set my SP1 to CallForward(All) to my cell phone which works correctly, ie, i receive the forwarded call, but, in my cell phone's display, it shows my GoogleVoice number as the caller, not the original caller's phone# &/or CallerID.

The question is "What am i missing in my OBI200/SP1/... setup to make my cell phone display the original caller's phone# &/or CallerId, not the forwarding number, ie, my GoogleVoice number?"

I appreciate your assistance/help - thanks.

drgeoff

The only thing you are missing is the knowledge that forwarding calls as you are doing using GV can never make your cellphone show the original caller's number.  This is not a limitation of your OBi.  It is because GV does not permit spoofing.

azrobert

Delete the CallForward from SP1 then define your cell as a forwarding number on your GV account.