News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Configuring router for two OBi5vs devices

Started by Jason.SD, December 28, 2018, 10:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason.SD

I have two OBi5vs devices and have questions about what ports to use for the second device.  The first device is using the following ports:

Allow Outgoing:
TCP Ports: 6800, 5222, 5223
UDP Ports: 5060, 5061, 10000 to 11000, 16600 to 16998, 19305
Allow Incoming on UDP Port: 10000   

Now, my question is what ports should I be using for the second device?  Should I configure the router to use DMZ for the second device?  Is there a security issue with using DMZ?  Is there a different set of ports I should be using for the second device?

Thanks for your help in advance,
Jason

drgeoff

If you are using a home router then it is rarely necessary to do any port configuring. Nor use the DMZ.

Note that most of the ports in the list that OBihai publish are outgoing ports and I've never encountered a home router that has user control of those.  If you are using a router which can block outgoing ports you surely understand that many devices can use the same outgoing port.  (Eg several computers making http requests over port 80 is not a problem.)

In short, I think your worries are premature.  Just leave things on default settings until/unless you actually have a problem.