News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Verizon Action Tec router/ Obi 200 unable to setup

Started by kms_obi200, December 31, 2018, 04:37:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kms_obi200

i am unable to successfully test **9222222222 or **5.....step.

Obi200 device light power is green, middle data is green , The phone light does not show any light

i rebooted router and Obi200 device several times

made obi200 as static ip and added to DMZ ...no luck

Any know issue with Verizon Fios connection ( i have only internet service with Verizon) ..

kms_obi200

Any Support personal who can help me with the issue ...i don't see any documentation about obi200 not supporting ActionTec router.

I have to return my device stating its not usable.

drgeoff

This forum is not the way to contact Obihai support.  Open a ticket for that if it is less than 1 year since the device was first added to your Obitalk dashboard.

The OBi supports all analogue phones that use tone dialling (aka TouchTone or DTMF).  OBi devices do not support pulse dialling.  If your phone has a switch to select one or the other ensure it is set to tone.

You have not told us what model your Actiontec router is but if you have a separate modem try the following.

1.  At the router end disconnect the ethernet cable that runs between the router and modem.

2.  Plug the now free end of that cable into the ethernet jack of the OBi200.

3.  Have a phone plugged into the PHONE jack of the OBi200.

4.  Power up the OBi200.

5.  Reset the OBi200 by dialling ***8 and following the voice prompt.

6.  Wait for the OBi to reboot and the power LED to turn steady green.

7.  Try the echo test number **9 222 222 222.

8.  Report back here with the result of the echo test.  You will need to restore the modem to router connection to enable your computer to reach the internet.