News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

how to set my landline like the main service for all?

Started by rodolfoms, September 16, 2011, 10:22:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodolfoms

Hello,

Is possible to set my PSTN line like the main service for all?
Per example:
I have the landline and googlevoice working in my obi110... if the power is off the obi just working like the landline. Id like my obi works like that. Just use the googlevoice if I dial *1 XXXXXXXX. Id like the tone and the dial always like my landine, just change to googlevoice if i dial *1. Is that possible?

Sorry about my english.
Regards

RonR

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : PSTN Line

rodolfoms

Yeah, I did it before.
But my client said the tone when hung up is diferent is the the obi is off and its fast to call it the obi is off too.
He want the his phone work like without the obi. The obi just work if dial * first. is that possible?

Another question: sometimes when I'm in call arround 15 minutes the obi devide make a little noise the the call gone. Any suggestion?

RonR

When you make a call through the OBi, it waits until you're done dialing a number in order decide what to do with the call.  If the call is to be sent to the LINE Port, then the OBi has to take the LINE Port off-hook, wait 0.5 seconds for a dialtone, and then dial the number through the LINE Port.  It takes 0.4 seconds per digit, so an 11-digit number would take a total of about 4.9 seconds to dial.

When the OBi is turned off, the PHONE Port is connected directly to the LINE Port, so the OBi is totally out of the picture.

If you'd like to bypass the OBi and dial directly out the LINE Port, press #, wait for a dialtone, and then dial the desired number.

Could the noise you occasionally hear be a Call Waiting indication of an incoming call?  If it is, pressing the Flash button on the phone should place the current call on hold and answer the incoming call.