News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Dect Phones Have No Dial Tone

Started by BrettOlbrys, January 05, 2019, 09:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrettOlbrys

I have a Vtech Dect 6.0 phone system which consists of the base station and (3) cordless phones.  None of the cordless phones have a dial tone, only the base station does.  I've setup Google Voice and can place and receive calls from the base station, so I know it's working correctly.  Can anyone tell me how to get dial tones to the (3) cordless phones?

Thanks

Brett

SteveInWA

Hi Brett:

The OBiTALK device has no idea what brand, model, or type of telephone is connected.  All it knows is whether or not the proper voltages are appearing on the phone jack.  If your phone's base station (I assume you mean its built-in speakerphone) works, but your cordless handsets don't work, then you have a problem with your cordless phone system.  Seek support for that product.  You can take the phone system to some other location, with working phone service, and see how it behaves there.  You can also plug in some other telephone into the OBi's phone jack, to confirm that there is nothing wrong with the OBi, although you probably proved that already if the speakerphone works.

drgeoff

Quote from: BrettOlbrys on January 05, 2019, 09:06:12 PM
I have a Vtech Dect 6.0 phone system which consists of the base station and (3) cordless phones.  None of the cordless phones have a dial tone, only the base station does.  I've setup Google Voice and can place and receive calls from the base station, so I know it's working correctly.  Can anyone tell me how to get dial tones to the (3) cordless phones?

Thanks

Brett
DECT handsets need to be individually paired with the base station.  Normally the handsets in a boxed set will have had this done by the manufacturer.

The manual will have details of how to perform the pairing.  If that does not work you may have a faulty base station.

Or perhaps you are unfamiliar with DECT handsets.  Dialling a number is more like using a cellular phone.  You won't get dial tone just by lifting the handset from its charging stand.

BrettOlbrys

SOLVED.  I had (2) different base stations in the house and the main one and all cordless for that one are working properly.  Thanks for the replies.