News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obi2162 factory reset password

Started by mrhandyman, January 07, 2019, 01:01:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrhandyman

received it today from amazon wont no manual - there is no manual on the polycom site

can you please post the factory reset password for the obi2162

mrhandyman

I provisioned the phone for dialpad and it did not work so I was going to remove it from dialpad then readdressing it - however to re add it I would have needed to factory reset the phone - looks like dialpad loaded their software and user/name and password on the phone.

I can't get dialpad to respond and tell me what their default admin password is -

the above instructions fail to have a MASTER login so you can factory reset a phone.  if the default is changed one is screwed

the admin/admin via the GUI

and the ip address via a wepage both do not accept the admin/admin

SteveInWA

So:

You bought the phone, unlocked, from Amazon, right?  Then, you subscribed to service from Dialpad, and they locked your phone to their service, right?

If those two statements are true, then no, there is no "factory password".  The only way to recover is to work it out with Dialpad, and get them to deprovision it on their end.

cman

Thank you, that help get my phone back to factory settings. I didn't know Dialpad was going to change the firmware.

u4ious

Thank you so much.  Fixed my problem after testing out 'DialPad'.  This allowed me to do the Factory reset when no password is known just holding the Home and Back keys for 15 seconds during the powerup of the phone.