News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Outgoing Calls Disconnect Before Ringing - Obi 1062 and ObiLine

Started by KALtx, January 08, 2019, 11:55:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KALtx

I have had a 1062 phone with an ObiLine interface for over a year. I have the phone configured to receive calls on my google voice number and place outgoing calls using my AT&T land line via the ObiLine USB interface.

All has worked wonderfully for over a year. About a week or so ago, with no changes to configuration/hardware/settings, all of the sudden now when I try to place an outgoing call, I get dial tone, dial the number as usual, the 1062 screen says "Connecting" and before the dialed phone number rings, the 1062 disconnects. This is the case regardless of the phone number I dial.

To make sure this wasn't a landline service problem, I connected the phone line that normally is connected to the ObiLine interface directly to an old-style phone and all works just fine. Once reconnected to the ObiLine, the same problem exists. So it seems this is an Obihai problem (either 1062 or ObiLine interface).

Any idea of what the solution may be?

drgeoff

Make test call to the landline number from your cellphone. Does the OBi1062 ring?

KALtx

drgeoff

Lift the OBi1062's handset and dial ***1.  Make a note of the IP address that is read out to you.  On a computer on the same LAN as the 1062 put that IP address into a web browser.  Log in with admin and admin.  On the left hand side click on Status.  Then click on Call History.  For the outgoing calls does the right hand column show the expected number and 'LINE'?

KALtx

Yes, call history shows the correct line and correct phone number being dialed.

Now, though, other intermittent problems are happening:

Now sometimes when I dial a number via the ObiLine/USB adapter line, I get automated messages from my land line provider. Sometimes it says "you must first dial an area code to complete your call" (I am definitely dialing a full seven digit phone number) and sometimes it says "AT&T operator assistance ..." And most recently, I get an automated message from AT&T giving me the time and date.

Other times I dial the number and it dials over the dial tone (instead of the dial tone going away once a number is dialed).

Other times, the same problem of dialing a number, the 1062 saying "trying" while I hear it dialing digits, then "Connected" with an immediate disconnect.

drgeoff

Quote from: KALtx on January 09, 2019, 09:36:00 AM
Yes, call history shows the correct line and correct phone number being dialed.

Now, though, other intermittent problems are happening:

Now sometimes when I dial a number via the ObiLine/USB adapter line, I get automated messages from my land line provider. Sometimes it says "you must first dial an area code to complete your call" (I am definitely dialing a full seven digit phone number) and sometimes it says "AT&T operator assistance ..." And most recently, I get an automated message from AT&T giving me the time and date.

Other times I dial the number and it dials over the dial tone (instead of the dial tone going away once a number is dialed).

Other times, the same problem of dialing a number, the 1062 saying "trying" while I hear it dialing digits, then "Connected" with an immediate disconnect.
My first suspect is that your OBiLINE is faulty.  I assume you have tried unplugging power from the 1062 for 15 seconds.

KALtx

Yes, have powered down phone and rebooted several times. My feeling is the ObiLine as well. I believe at this point I will try a new ObiLine and see if that corrects the problem.

ProfTech

To KALtx: I have a brand new Obiline adapter still in it's package that I would like to sell at a good price. Send me a private message and I'll contact you.