News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Incoming call ring silencing

Started by TTCP, January 09, 2019, 09:39:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TTCP

Hi, I have a question on silencing the ring for incoming calls.

According to the OBI manual, the following two syntax seems equivalent on silencing the ring. Could someone please confirm?

60;(0+)
    60;(0+60)

Also, if I silence the incoming call ring from my side, will the caller still be able to hear normal ring sound from his side?

Thanks,

N7AS

You do not have to change your ringer settings.

Simply go to:

Voice Services > SP1 Service > X_InboundCallRoute and enter {}

This assumes you are using SP1.

Your phone will not ring.

Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

TTCP

Thanks for the quick reply.

But I still want the incoming calls to go through. I just do not want my phone to ring. I will see some red lights in my phone flashing, knowing there is an incoming call, and I will pick up the handset to answer it.

Your way essentially blocks incoming calls, though, which is not what I want.

drgeoff

Quote from: TTCP on January 09, 2019, 10:11:28 AM
Thanks for the quick reply.

But I still want the incoming calls to go through. I just do not want my phone to ring. I will see some red lights in my phone flashing, knowing there is an incoming call, and I will pick up the handset to answer it.

Your way essentially blocks incoming calls, though, which is not what I want.
Is the "phone" an OBi1000/2000 series device or an analogue phone connected to an OBi ATA?

TTCP

A regular old analog telephone connected to OBi200.

drgeoff

Quote from: TTCP on January 09, 2019, 11:44:58 AM
A regular old analog telephone connected to OBi200.
The ringing voltage is the only signal from the OBi that an onhook phone can respond to. There is no way that the OBi can tell the phone to flash lights but not ring.

However some phones have the facility to turn off the ringer.

azrobert

Try: 60;(.1+59.9)

The phone I tested the above ring pattern had a chirp then displayed the callerid. It doesn't have any flashing lights.

Your phone might not ring.

This phone didn't display callerid using "60;(0+60)".