News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202 Caller ID setup?

Started by TimAtHome, January 11, 2019, 09:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimAtHome

I'm a new Obi202 user. Been enjoying it with GV for a couple of weeks, but so far the most annoying thing is that there is no Caller ID name.

When I had an Obi110 with Simonics, my phones would display the name of whoever was calling. Now I get "Unknown name."

I've checked the forums and from what I gather, it's not possible without paying for another service. Is this so? I would even prefer a blank line to "Unknown name," it just feels like a kludgey setup. I've seen how I can hard code familiar numbers to display names, but I don't really want that either -- I'd really like the CNAM displayed and if that's not possible (a pretty big bummer), it would be nice to be able to get rid of the "Unknown name" message.

SteveInWA

Google Voice does not supply carrier caller ID name.  You have to detour (forward) calls to a VoIP service provider that does offer the feature; e.g. get a $1/month Callcentric phone number.  You need 911 service, too, so you could also sign up for Callcentric's cheapest outbound calling plan at $1.95/month, which includes 911.

azrobert

Quote from: TimAtHome on January 11, 2019, 09:25:38 AM
it would be nice to be able to get rid of the "Unknown name" message.

Use OBi Expert to make the following change:

Physical Interfaces -> Phone1/2 Port -> CidNoNameFormat:
Show Caller Number
or
Show Blank