News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Cellular & WhatsApp Calls via BT OBi200

Started by utsc, January 12, 2019, 03:22:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

utsc

My dad has a cellular phone with unlimited international calling to select countries.

He is a senior citizen and prefers to  use an big cordless phone to make and receive regular cellular and possibly WhatsApp calls. He has an Obi200 with Google Voice and was wondering if  the above can be accomplished by pairing his mobile with OBi200 using a OBi BT dongle?

Is this only applicable to OBi202 or can it be also done with OBi200
https://www.obitalk.com/info/products/obibt

Sheffield_Steve

Depending on the cordless phone he has, he can possibly just pair it to his cell phone and achieve what he wants. 

azrobert

The OBi BT Dongle will work with an OBi200.

Sign into OBi Expert and you can see the BT settings here:

Voice Services -> OBiBlueTooth 1

utsc

Quote from: Sheffield_Steve on January 12, 2019, 08:00:50 AM
Depending on the cordless phone he has, he can possibly just pair it to his cell phone and achieve what he wants. 

Tried with the latest model Panasonic Cordless with Link to Cell but did not work. Panasonic tech support had absolutely no idea and told me to exchange the Panasonic equipment  and try again and if it does not work they asked me to return it, so I returned it.

utsc

Quote from: azrobert on January 12, 2019, 08:43:51 AM
The OBi BT Dongle will work with an OBi200.

Sign into OBi Expert and you can see the BT settings here:

Voice Services -> OBiBlueTooth 1

Thank you azrobert. 

Do you know if pairing the mobile phone with OBi2xx device via BT   will work seamlessly for the purpose described above?  Pairing mobile with Panasonic Link to Cell cordless phone did not work 80% of the time

azrobert

I have an OBi200 and a BT Dongle, but only have made a few test calls and had no problems. Other than the test calls I never use it. I just did a forum search for "BT" in "Topic subjects only" and got 3 pages of hits. Some of the hit were questions and not problems. I'm guessing the vast majority of people don't have problems. You probably will have to purchase a BT Dongle to see if it will work for you.

You can configure the OBi200 to route calls to BT without the "**8" prefix.  If you're interested, post back here after you get it working.