News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

A few calls bypassing my OHI200 and going to Google Voice Mail

Started by Ronny, January 13, 2019, 06:47:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronny

Been using Google Voice on SP1 and Callcentric free DID account on SP2.  Wife mentioned that she didn't receive a message on our Panasonic Dect answering machine.  My answering machine picks up on the third ring.

Checked GoogleVoice messages and there 8 voice messages out of approximately 200 incoming calls over 10 months that bypassed our home answering machine and went to GoogleVoiceMail.

I then checked the Callcentric log, and I don't see any mention of those incoming calls.

Any ideas?  Might I have to go for a full package from Callcentrics or another provider?

Thanks

psuPete

Ronny

No it's not.  In fact, there we no calls in or out to me during the "problem" calls

SteveInWA

Google Voice has its own voicemail system.  It is not designed to be used as a bare-bones VoIP service with your own answering machine.  Use Google Voice's voicemail, or don't use Google Voice.

You cannot make 100% of inbound calls go to an answering machine.  For example, if you are already on a phone call, and another one comes in, and you don't use call waiting to pick up that second call, it will be sent to Google Voice's VM.  You cannot disable this behavior.