News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to call Obi202 number from a cell phone linked to Google Voice number?

Started by alekdavis, January 13, 2019, 09:39:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alekdavis

My home OBI202 device is set to use my Google Voice account, which is linked to my cell phone. When I try to call the OBI number, I immediately get in to the Google Voice menu asking me to a PIN code. Is there any way to allow me to make calls from my cell phone to the home OBI device (e.g. I want to call my kids)? I though of getting another Google Voice number, but it looks like you cannot use more than one per cell phone. I think it worked before I set up Google Voice on my cell phone, but I'm not sure. Any thoughts? Thanks.

drgeoff

Try this.

Log in to your account at voice.google.com.  In the top left corner click the three stacked horizontal bars to select the main menu.  From that select Legacy Google Voice.

In the top right corner click the gearwheel to open Settings. If the Phones tab is not selected, select it.  Underneath the number of your mobile, click on Edit.  Click on Show Advanced Options.  Under Voicemail Access select No.  Click Save.