News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

ObiExtras License

Started by MrHomestead, January 14, 2019, 05:18:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrHomestead

Has ObiExtras been discontinued?  I tried to sign back up and the error message "license cannot be renewed!" pops up at the top of the dashboard in a yellowish box.

Kram82

I just added a new Obi device to my existing account and wanted to make sure it was setup for ObiExtras and I see the same message. :(

RFC3261

Quote from: Kram82 on February 21, 2019, 07:39:48 AM
I just added a new Obi device to my existing account and wanted to make sure it was setup for ObiExtras and I see the same message. :(
I would give it a few days to see if there is some glitch happening (the OBi portal is well known to have its bad days).

But I have to admit this certainly has all the symptoms of another "OBiPLUS" soft termination (no new customers, you can't extend your license, after a year or so the service is gone).  I have to say I would not be surprised that competing with ITSPs offerings is something that might have ended up on the cutting block for OBi/Polycom/Plantronics as part of a review of future business offerings.  But we really have to wait and see.  Try it again in a few days, and next week, and report back.

SteveInWA

I exchanged emails yesterday with the engineering team at Polycom.  They replied that the OBiEXTERAS service is still available, and they were taking care of the issue.

AmazingByDefault

when, I need caller ID back!! Please please!!

Gatnus61

Hey - did this get fixed for you?

I just tried to sign up and I'm getting the same license cannot be renewed! message

DanObrien

I signed up for ObiExtras just recently particularly for the caller id feature. I've been trying to get some questions answered, but posting to this forum and by opening a support ticket. I cannot seem to get any replies.  Does anyone know the answers to the following questions:

1. Can I import contacts from multiple google accounts?
2. If I update a contact in an account do I need to import it again, or does it show up immediately?
3. I have a two google voice numbers connected to the obihai device. Will the caller id show up for each number?

Thanks for any info.

drgeoff

Quote from: DanObrien on May 10, 2019, 08:15:36 AM
I signed up for ObiExtras just recently particularly for the caller id feature. I've been trying to get some questions answered, but posting to this forum and by opening a support ticket. I cannot seem to get any replies.  Does anyone know the answers to the following questions:

1. Can I import contacts from multiple google accounts?
2. If I update a contact in an account do I need to import it again, or does it show up immediately?
3. I have a two google voice numbers connected to the obihai device. Will the caller id show up for each number?

Thanks for any info.

You need to import again.

I don't know the answers to your other two questions.

AwesomeOBi!

Is there any update?  I'm getting the same message too; "license cannot be renewed!" Is there a fix to this problem? 

draxen

As of January 30, 2020 - I am experiencing the same issue. Doe anyone know what is going on?

Mindblogging

Did you go back into your OBiTALK account (at www.obitalk.com), go to Solutions at left of screen, for OBiEXTRAs status and Cancel first?

robcmtx

I'm not seeing an option to cancel.

I was able to import contacts again. I wonder if Polycom has just made Extras a standard feature now.

SteveInWA

Importing Google Contacts from a Google account to the phone is a no-charge feature. However, it's of limited value, as the phone doesn't use it to match calling numbers to names to display on the LCD.

The phones' design is to be used in an enterprise environment, where the company has, for example, an LDAP server, which can be interactively queried.  That can't be done with Google Contacts, unfortunately.

himpstergamer

Quote from: robcmtx on April 25, 2020, 03:13:24 PM
I'm not seeing an option to cancel.

I was able to import contacts again. I wonder if Polycom has just made Extras click test a standard feature now.

I have also this same issue

frankpc

I am getting the "License cannot be renewed" notice as well.

Does this mean Caller ID is no longer available for the Obi202 device?

I lost track of when my account may have expired, but I've noticed I no longer see Caller ID name on my standard home phones.

Thanks !!

Frank

frankpc

I emailed obi.support@Poly.com asking about my ObiExtras account and the notice I get stating that "License cannot be renewed".  They responded by email stating:

"We would like to inform you that your device is not in-warranty so please contact place of purchase and service provider."

I wasn't looking for warranty service on the obi202 device.  I just wanted to renew my ObiExtras subscription.  How could Amazon.com or Google Fiber help with an ObiExtras account?

So either ObiExtras is either no longer available or the Obi202 device has to be under warranty to subscribe to ObiExtras.

This makes no sense.   ???

frankpc

Since my MasterCard number had been changed, the auto-renewal of OBiExtras in June of 2020 failed so the order was cancelled.  I finally discovered that to be the problem so I updated my payment account information.

After a few minutes, I again tried to renew my subscription on the OBiExtras page and the dreaded "License cannot be renewed" notice was not there and I was allowed to subscribe to the OBiExtras service.