News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

3 Google Voices with FreePBX

Started by plc101man, January 15, 2019, 08:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

plc101man

I have a FreePBX server connected with three google voice accounts (SP1, SP2 & SP3) and SP4 connected to my FreePBX all in an OBi200. The X_InboundCallRoute for SP4 I have like this:

{(7867539378):sp1},{(7405185092):sp2},{(7402402422):sp3}

I have three outgoing routes in my FreePBX and each one I force the CID depending on my dialing pattern, the first google voice accont (SP1) works fine but the other two say that the call cannot be completed as dialed.

Any help will be appreciated.

drgeoff

"call cannot be completed as dialled" is an Asterisk message, not an OBi one.

Log in locally (ie not via the portal) to the OBi, click on Status, then on Call History.  That should show you what numbers the OBi has sent to FreePBX.  Compare the failures on SP2-3 with the successes on SP1.

plc101man

You are right, after I fixed the outbound routes in FreePBX everything is working fine.

Thanks for your help.

plc101man

One more thing, on the three google voice accounts when I dial a number, the number dialed only rings once and then a long pause until somebody picks up the phone or goes to voice mail.

??????

azrobert

This is an early media problem. Bridging a call to an OBi device will break early media causing the no ringback problem. Calling 2nd GV number will fail when transferred to VM is another problem.

The fix is enabling X_EarlyICEEnableIn on the SP used to communicate with Asterisk.
See:
https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r31997421-Asterisk-How-to-turn-your-OBi20x-device-into-a-SIP-to-GVSIP-bridge

Click on the link in the 1st post.

I stopped using Asterisk after GV stopped working, so I haven't tried this fix. There are other suggested fixes on DSLReports, but I can't find them.

Moussa

Hi plc101man,
I would like to do the same thing. Did you use the steps here https://cboh.org/voip/obi/OBi_As_ITSP.html?

If not can you post a link to the instructions?

Thanks in advance. 

SteveInWA

Keep in mind, this procedure, to use Google Voice for free PBX trunks and spoofing caller ID, violates Google's Terms of Use, and exposes you to having your account(s) shut down for abuse.

SIP trunks are soooooo cheap now, that there is no good reason to do this, instead of just obtaining legitimate service from an ITSP.

RFC3261

Quote from: SteveInWA on February 20, 2019, 09:37:35 PM
... spoofing caller ID ...
I have to agree 1000% here.  Spoofing caller ID, even for arguably legitimate purposes, is getting such a bad rep (for good reasons) and getting such bi-partisan attention to "fix it now" that I would not be surprised if more and more companies (I would include G here) move towards blocking/terminating such accounts more aggressively sooner rather than later.  Anything everyone on both sides of the aisle agree to is so rare as to mean it is something you don't want to be standing on the wrong side of.  The OP needs to find a different solution space.