News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Add Google Voice account to second Obihai 202

Started by joevarNJ, January 16, 2019, 02:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joevarNJ

I have my Google Voice number added to a Obihai 202 and all works great.

I have a second Obihai 202 and I want to have the same Google Voice number ring there and I also want to be able to make calls from it.

On the phones screen in my google voice account, I do not have any reference to Google Chat.

Instead I see:
OBiTALK Device - XXXXXXXXXX
sip:BIHDQOCEGAYU4QK2LFCUMS27GIJBIMJXGE2DKMRXGY2DSMRVGA4TAOxxxxxxx===@obihai.sip.google.com
Where Capital X is the number of my obihai device and lower x replaces characters in the string that is the sip address.

I was able to add the Google Voice account to the second Obihai and the setup screen shows that it is connected.  I have dial tone but I can't make or receive calls.

I think that there should be a new phone displayed in Google Voice phones for the second Obihai, but there is not.

Any idea what's wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help.

SteveInWA

You are reading very ancient instructions.  Google Chat is no longer used.  It's dead.

You can setup the same Google account on multiple OBiTALK devices, by following the regular procedure on the device.  Do NOT mess with settings on the Google Voice account, in particular, do not touch the SIP settings.

Simply use the OBiTALK web portal.  Click on the SP1 -- SP4 slot you want to use and follow the instructions.

joevarNJ

Thanks for the reply.

I followed the regular procedure but it is not working.
As I said Google Voice is Connected on the new Obihai device and I have dial tone but after dialing a phone number nothing happens nor does the phone ring when I call the Google Voice number.

SteveInWA

Then, you didn't set it up properly.

Delete the OBiTALK device off of your OBiTALK dashboard.  Unplug the device power and Ethernet cords.  Plug in just the power cord.  Let it boot up, then pick up the phone and press ***8 then 1 to confirm, to restore the device to factory defaults.  After it gyrates and reboots, then unplug it again.  Plug both power and Ethernet cords back in and wait.  After it's done rebooting...

Add the device back to the OBiTALK web portal.  After it is added back and it reboots once or twice more, then set up SP1 with Google Voice and pay close attention to the account it is asking you to use.

joevarNJ

Followed your instruction and it now works.

Thanks so very much for your help.

Kristufer

just curious... are you adding a 2nd google voice number and using either sp3 or sp4 to connect to an asterisk server?

drgeoff

Quote from: Kristufer on March 15, 2019, 12:50:41 PM
just curious... are you adding a 2nd google voice number and using either sp3 or sp4 to connect to an asterisk server?

Don't you understand "I have a second Obihai 202 and I want to have the same Google Voice number ring there .." written by joevarNJ in the opening post.

And if you missed that, SteveInWA wrote "You can setup the same Google account on multiple OBiTALK devices.."

Kristufer

wow...i can see your a people person huh. a simple no would have been suffice.

LTN1

Quote from: Kristufer on March 15, 2019, 05:49:44 PM

Hmmm...before you insult someone on a written forum, you may want to learn 5th grade grammar. "Would have been suffice"--huh? Humph? Like that? Reading comprehension at the fourth grade level will help also.

drgeoff

"your" is not an abbreviation of "you are".

SteveInWA