News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Recent issue with PhonePower

Started by JohnE, January 16, 2019, 04:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnE

I have a OBI202 set up with GVoice on SP1 and Phonepower on SP2.
Recently GV went away. Just would not hook up. Apparently I finally was caught out by the changes at Google Voice. So I took a deep breath and followed SteveinWa reset and reup directions to get it working again.  Excellent directions and Google Voice successfully on Ph1. Success!

However, I could not get my PhonePower account to hook up from the OBItalk interface.  So I called PhonePower and was told that they no longer support OBItalk.  They sent me instructions to set it up manually, by accessing the OBI202 directly to input the settings. Have tried 5 times - no luck.  I do have my correct SIP password from the PhonePower website. I recontacted them and they said an expert would call me - that was 3 days ago.  Not good.

Anyone else had this experience and can offer help?  Making firmware changes to the OBI which negatively affects other VOIP providers than Google seems a mistake.

drgeoff

Quote from: JohnE on January 16, 2019, 04:49:57 PMThey sent me instructions to set it up manually, by accessing the OBI202 directly to input the settings.
Are you inputting those settings directly using the device's onboard web interface?  If yes they are being immediately overwritten by the portal when the Obi reboots.  Use Expert mode on the portal to make the settings.  There are two tick boxes at the right hand side of each settings line.  Click in those until both are clear.  Then the fields will become editable. When you have made changes on any page click the Submit button at the bottom and wait for the OBi to automatically reboot.

JohnE

Thanks for that instruction Geoff.  Have done that, and received similar instructions from a second PhonePower technician.  After much effort we now are in a situation where the device says it's registered, but it will not receive calls or make calls!  It says the number i am calling is not receiving a response from the server.  PhonePower have given up on me - they recommend I change to their more expensive plan and use their VOIP box.  No question Polycom has really screwed up relationships with providers like PP. Any ideas on what might be the problem? Ian using the 202 as my router to avoid potential  SIP ALG issues with my other router.