News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obihai (local) web interface

Started by GAKW, January 16, 2019, 07:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GAKW

I have the obi200 with SW 3.2.2 (Build: 5898EX)
I am unable to login to the web interface "properly"
When I enter the ip address of the obi200 I get to the regular web interface. However it doesnt give me the option to change any parameter. If I click on User Login I get a reduced set of menus
See screenshots

Appreciate if anybody can shed some light to this. I have restarted the obi200 but no difference.

Obitalk web interface is ok

SteveInWA

There are no parameters to edit on those pages.  They are just a status report.  If you want to change settings, you need to open up the section headings on the left side of the page.

Do note:  if you change the settings there, they'll be overwritten by the OBiTALK portal's settings, unless you disable it.  It's recommended that you make all changes via the OBiTALK portal instead.

GAKW

Ok but why is do some menus dissapear when i click user login?
See screenshot?

drgeoff

Quote from: GAKW on January 17, 2019, 03:38:14 PM
Ok but why is do some menus dissapear when i click user login?
See screenshot?

Because a mere user is not entitled to make some changes.  They are only available to admin.

GAKW

Thanks for the explanation
Got it. I must say that is non intuitive.

SteveInWA

It may indeed be non-intuitive, but it is not unique/original to OBiTALK devices.  Linksys/Cisco PAP and SPA devices also had two levels of users, "user" and "admin".  And of course, so does Windows.