News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi200 delay connecting call after picking up call (handset)

Started by caleecs, January 17, 2019, 08:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caleecs

I'm using GoogleVoice. I have two Obi200 devices (One for my parents landline and one for mine). They both have the same problem. The phone will ring. I will pick up and say hello. No response. I will say hello again and still no response. Finally after about the third or fourth try, the caller will finally hear me and respond by saying "hello" back.

Any suggestions as to how to fix this. Seems trivial, but when you have to do it on every call and not be sure whether it is a robocall or other reason that the call is not connecting, gets very annoying. And the caller ends up wondering as to why I sound annoyed with their call.

Also, as my device is under warranty, I have filed a couple of support tickets in the last couple of months with no response. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to get support to respond.

caleecs

As nobody has replied, I'm left wondering if nobody else has the problem in which case it must be a setup issue or a problem with my router.

psuPete

Just some random tho'ts ...

All calls? test calls? What kind of service are you calling FROM?  Cellular, Wi-Fi, POTS?  Is your OBi getting sufficient bandwidth/priority?  Is/are your service provider "shaping" your service?

Have you done reboots of all equipment between you and the service providers?

drgeoff

Are the two OBis connected to the same router or are they in different premises on different internet connections?

caleecs

Thank  you for the repsonses.

My apologies. For some reason I was not receiving notification of replies so did not realize anybody had responded.

The OBi's are connected to the same router.

The OBI's are connected to the ethernet ports on the router directly by cable.

The service provider is Comcast with 150mbps/5mbps.