News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Unable to Add Device from ObiTalk web portal

Started by AlexSoh, February 13, 2011, 03:50:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexSoh

Ok. I can make outgoing calls and receiving calls for both GV and another SIP account, but I am not able to add my device in ObiTalk webportal. Please advise.

--- Start of Excerpt ---
Add an OBi Device

*   • Please pick up the telephone handset, and dial **5 2040
    *   • You may hang-up when you hear the automated response.

Failed to connect to your device.

Please check your device's internet connection, and
click try again or click cancel to return to the device list
---End of Excerpt---

AlexSoh

The **5 code is just a copy paste from another post but I got the same error.

SIPit

FWIW, I had to use Firefox to add my OBi110. IE did not work.

AlexSoh

Quote from: SIPit on February 13, 2011, 04:01:38 PM

Thanks for the suggestion but none works for me :) IE, FF, Opera, Safari, and even some debug builds of FF Mobile don't work.

SIPit

Quote from: AlexSoh on February 13, 2011, 05:46:24 PM

Thanks for the suggestion but none works for me :) IE, FF, Opera, Safari, and even some debug builds of FF Mobile don't work.

When you dial the **5 number it gives you, do you even hear the automated message stating that the number was sent to the server?

AlexSoh

Quote from: SIPit on February 13, 2011, 05:56:51 PM
Quote from: AlexSoh on February 13, 2011, 05:46:24 PM

When you dial the **5 number it gives you, do you even hear the automated message stating that the number was sent to the server?

I didn't even get a call from their system, it times out :) Still clicking on the "Try Again" button

SIPit

It doesn't call you.  You have to pick up the phone attached to your OBi and dial the **5 number the web portal gives you.  It will say something about the number being sent to the server, at which point you can hang up.  With any luck the page in your browser will change to reflect that it found your OBi and let you add it.  If it doesn't, then try Firefox because, again, it didn't work for me in IE (acted like it found it but went back to the main page without letting me add it).

AlexSoh

Quote from: SIPit on February 13, 2011, 06:57:43 PM
It doesn't call you.  You have to pick up the phone attached to your OBi and dial the **5 number the web portal gives you.  It will say something about the number being sent to the server, at which point you can hang up.  With any luck the page in your browser will change to reflect that it found your OBi and let you add it.  If it doesn't, then try Firefox because, again, it didn't work for me in IE (acted like it found it but went back to the main page without letting me add it).

LOL....Really? Crap. Ok. I thought it would ring when it says trying to connect..

Damn, they should instead says "Waiting for you to call in..."

Patriot

I was unable to add my Obi200 as a device to my Dashboard using the current version of Firefox (40.0.3).  However, as soon as tried to add it using Opera, I was able to add the device with no difficulty at all.  Ergo, it appears that, at least sometimes, the browser that one uses when attempting to add a device matters.