News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202 - Cannot delete voice messages and callers cannot hear me

Started by David6299, January 22, 2019, 03:09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David6299

My Obi202 was working fine for a few months but now I have the following two problems:

1) I cannot delete voice messages. Previously I would dial my own number, listen to new voice messages by pressing 1 and then press 7 to delete. Now I am still able to listen to voice messages, however, upon doing so the attendant doesn't seem to be able to "hear" any more numbers that I press. So my goal is to delete the message but the real problem is once I go to listen to messages I can no longer press any numbers for the attendant to perform functions.

2) The second problem is when someone calls me or I call someone, I can still hear them but they cannot hear me. These two problems seem very similar and probably related.

Any idea what the problem could be since I haven't made any configuration changes to the Obi202. Is there a port that's being blocked or another "listen" service being blocked?

drgeoff

It is always a good idea to not make prospective responders guess which VoIP provider you are using.

David6299

Sorry, I should have mentioned I am using freephoneline. Plus I have discovered what is causing the issue. I was contemplating switching ISPs and thus have both DSL and Cable. It works properly while on the Cable Internet service but fail while using DSL. So, I believe the DSL ISP is doing something with the traffic as I am able to consistently replicate the issue. Thanks very much for your responses.