News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Noob: obi200 GV setup "no service configured" but everything works except

Started by cognus, January 31, 2019, 02:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cognus

so have a brand new obi200, successful port of old tmo number, setup ok in Gvoice, tested inbound to that number in google voice, it works, forwarding to one of our cellphones, am able to update the obi200 to latest [done], lights look good, router looks good, get good dialtone, but both echotest and setup, logged in with that Google account, fail with "no service configured" error.  looked up tutorials I could find, searched forums, none of the fixes I'm seeing apply.

bound to be something easy, right?  would someone kindly clue me in?

drgeoff

Are you claiming that you successfully added your OBi to the portal using the **5 nnnn procedure but you cannot reach the echo test on **9 222 222 222 ?

Dial tone means nothing about connectivity. It is generated totally within your OBi200. Even with no connection to your router.

What is the firmware version?

cognus

thank you for helping.

no, both the call in test and the echo test return "no service configured" message
software version   3.2.2 (Build: 5921EX)
I have made outgoing calls from my google voice account; no problems there [using a notebook pc]
I have altered the dns settings on the obi to google DNS servers; double-checked to make sure that change applied.

green lights on the obi.  hardwired to R7000 router.

??

cognus

:D
got a note back from tech support.  i must've missed the step of configuring SP1 in the tutorials etc....  ::)
nowhere in my searches did i see that step ..
but it works!
we're up
thank you
c

drgeoff

Quote from: cognus on January 31, 2019, 02:59:03 PM
:D
got a note back from tech support.  i must've missed the step of configuring SP1 in the tutorials etc....  ::)
nowhere in my searches did i see that step ..
but it works!
we're up
thank you
c
That does not stack up. A successful call to the echo test does not require SP1 to be configured.