News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi200 Message Waiting Indicator not working with Anveo

Started by Dato, February 03, 2019, 05:35:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dato

I have been experiencing broken MWI with Obi200 and Anveo since July 2018. From googling, I found that it seems to have something to do with the firmware being pushed to Obi200 around that time (3.2.2.5898?). One fix was to downgrade the firmware to 5859.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r32057993-Anveo-Message-Waiting-Stutter-Tone-Lost-After-Firmware-update-Obi200

It's been over 7 months, I was wondering if there's a firmware update that includes a fix for this issue?

ProfTech

See my answer to your question in DSL reports. Not sure it will fix your issue but worth looking into.

hmike

I was able to get my obi202 on firmware 3.2.2 (Build: 5898EX) to update the timestamp about every hour when I check the "MWI Subscription on" timestamp on the anveo SIP Device Registration page.

I did this by going into Expert mode configuration and checking "Device default" for the X_MWISubscribeURI setting for the anveo SP.  This cleared the url that basic mode had set and upon a restart of the obi202 has been checking in all day, about once an hour as per the timeout default of 3600 seconds.  I have yet to test leaving a message and reading it to fully validate the functionality but I would hope this fixes the issue.

turk

Quote from: hmike on April 01, 2019, 06:43:01 PM
I was able to get my obi202 on firmware 3.2.2 (Build: 5898EX) to update the timestamp about every hour when I check the "MWI Subscription on" timestamp on the anveo SIP Device Registration page.

I did this by going into Expert mode configuration and checking "Device default" for the X_MWISubscribeURI setting for the anveo SP.  This cleared the url that basic mode had set and upon a restart of the obi202 has been checking in all day, about once an hour as per the timeout default of 3600 seconds.  I have yet to test leaving a message and reading it to fully validate the functionality but I would hope this fixes the issue.

Did you ever confirm if the MWI now works? Are you still on 5898?

hmike

The MWI works but only turns on or off when the timestamp on anveo updates when the obi checks in so it's a partial fix to the problem.  Based on reading rfc3842 it looks like it's syncing the state only on SUBSCRIBE events generating an immediate NOTIFY but not processing NOTIFY events sent at other times.