News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Message waiting tone won't go away

Started by Dave8337, February 06, 2019, 06:33:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave8337

I have no messages, but when I go off hook I get the message waiting tones.
How can I fix this issue?

SteveInWA

Hi Dave:

Typically, this means that the "there is a message waiting" flag on one of your device's SP1--SP4 slots is set on, and somehow got stuck without being cleared.  OR, it's a legitimate status, and one of your service providers actually does have a message waiting.

To eliminate the first cause:

• Sign into your OBiTALK portal dashboard: https://www.obitalk.com/obinet/pg/obhdev
  • Click on your OBiTALK device, and follow the steps to get into expert configuration mode.
  • On the expert page, scroll down and click on Voice Services-->SP1 Service.
  • On that page, find the parameter labeled "MessageWaiting".  It should NOT have a check mark in the value box.  If it does, then that's the culprit.  Remove the check mark.  Note that you must first UN-check BOTH boxes to the far right of the parameter row, before it will allow you to change the value.  Scroll down and click Submit.  Wait for the device to reboot.
  • Pick up the phone.  Is there still a stutter tone?  If so, then repeat the above steps for SP2, SP3 and SP4, until you find the one with the check mark and remove it.  Remember to submit the change every time.

If that doesn't fix it, then you actually do have a message waiting on one of your SPs, or that provider has the bit stuck on at their end.

Dave8337

Thanks Steve,
I will give it a shot..

Dave

phantomvs

Hi !
I have the same problem. I removed the check mark on my sp1 which is Fpl

My phone dial tone still stutters and it says voicemail on my Panasonic phone but there is no messages
I use my own Panasonic answering machine and set the providers at 12 rings and Panasonic answering machine at 4 so it picks up before.

Any ideas what is wrong ?

phantomvs

Ok so I unchecked MWIenable
dial tone doesn't stutter anymore
but I still get voicemail message on my phone even thought there is no messages .
I deleted message on Panasonic answering machine.

phantomvs

Update :

So I read on a old post to uncheck X_VMIenable
Mine was checked by default.

So far seems to work .