News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Cisco SPA525G2 can not dial out with OBi202

Started by NickS, February 07, 2019, 09:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NickS

I tried to connect Cisco IP Phone SPA525G2 to OBi202 following the instructions from "Configuring an OBi Voice Service Bridge to connect a legacy IP Phone".

"ITSP Profile D and SP4 on the OBi202 shall be configured as a proxy for the IP phone.
• ITSP Profile D/General/SignalingProtocol = SIP (default)
• ITSP Profile D/SIP/ProxyServer = 192.168.1.10 (ie IP address of our SPA962 IP Phone)
• ITSP Profile D/SIP/ProxyServerPort = 5063 (SIP listening port for our IP Phone)
• ITSP Profile D/SIP/X_SpoofCallerID = yes (or checked, this will ensure we pass the caller ID through)
Next, create the local voice service that the IP phone will use as its proxy:
• SP4/X_ServProvProfile = D (We're saying use the ITSP D profile with this voice service)
• SP4/X_UserAgentPort = 5063 (Note: you can choose a port that you prefer, just be sure to use the
same port number throughout the tutorial
• SP4/X_RingProfile = B
Configure the IP phone to register to the OBi and use it as it's proxy
On the IP phone, set-up the following parameters:
• SP4/X_RegisterEnable = no (or unchecked)
• SP4/AuthUserName = 1001 (This can be defined by you, but needs to be the same on the IP Phone)
• SP4/AuthPassword = AnyPhonePassword (Once again, you can define this, but must be the same on
the IP Phone)
• SP4/X_Proxy = yes (or checked)
• EXT 1/Proxy = 192.168.1.20:5063 (ie: IP address of OBi202)
• EXT 1/User ID = 1001
• EXT 1/Password = AnyPhonePassword
• EXT 1/Register Expires = 60
• EXT 1/Register = yes
• SIP/Send Resp To Src Port = yes"

I used OBi Expert on OBiTALK.com to modify the config for my OBi202. Somehow, the field SP4/AuthPassword kept being overwritten by the system to "Device Default". When the IP phone tries to register, it fails since the password will not match. I got "Registration State: Failed - Authenticate" on the IP phone info page. Now the Cisco phone can only answer calls but not dial out.

Does any one have similar issue and know how to solve this puzzle?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Nick

zapattack

There are too many items to correct at once:
Proxy port must be different at each end ( it connects to Registrar Port at other end)
Registrar Port on OBI same as SIP port on phone, (different proxy port number).
You do not have to register as you have specified IP and User ID, so password is blank.
Ext Leave Register Expires at default.
SIP Send resp to source: NO
Ext Register: NO
Make call without Reg:YES
Ext Outbound Proxy :blank

For a different step by step explanation, refer to this:
http://voxilla.com/2011/02/15/how-to-obify-your-ip-phone-no-asterisk-involved/comment-page-2/#comment-4889

NickS

Quote from: zapattack on February 08, 2019, 12:28:50 AM
There are too many items to correct at once:

Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

I use Line 5 on the Cisco IP phone and the port is 5064.

ITSP Profile D/SIP/ProxyServerPort 192.168.0.4
ITSP Profile D/SIP/ProxyServerPort   5064

I leave the Registrar port at default. It's not mentioned in both articles.

On the IP phone, I followed your suggestions.

"password is blank.
Ext Leave Register Expires at default.
SIP Send resp to source: NO
Ext Register: NO
Make call without Reg:YES
Ext Outbound Proxy :blank"

After rebooting both phone and OBi202, I lost the green light on the line. Both incoming and outgoing calls are not working on the IP phone. 

NickS

I used to use OBi110 and did set up the way in https://voxilla.com/2011/02/15/how-to-obify-your-ip-phone-no-asterisk-involved/. It worked for a few years. Then sometime in 2017 if I'm right, OBi110 stopped working and I bought OBi200. It worked for around one year then one day it could not dial out some time in the mid of 2018. After some tries, I switched to OBi202 but still no luck to get the Cisco 525G IP Phone fully functional.

The Phone is wireless connected to the LAN for convenience. It's not directly cable connected to OBi202. The issue popped up when I started using the Web portal's Expert Config to set up OBi202.

I will give more ties to see if this could be solved.  

RFC3261

In addition to following azrobert's directions, I also recommend putting the <flat-profile> for the Cisco phones on your tftp servers for the phones to load based on the DHCP responses so that it is easy to configure/upgrade/reset them.

btw, Cisco is dropping SW support for that IP phone in about a year (it will still work as good as it currently does after that date, but no future software or security fixes), so you may wish to start looking at your options, which may depend on your ITSP (some may support some phones without an intervening OBixxx device. and the less complex the environment, typically the more reliable/better).

NickS

Quote from: RFC3261 on February 09, 2019, 08:12:12 PM
In addition to following azrobert's directions, I also recommend putting ...

Thanks a lot for the suggestions.