News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Assign ringtone to specific number?

Started by mpelletier92, February 11, 2019, 08:52:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpelletier92

Hi all,

I've been Googling and reading the OBiDeviceAdminGuide but haven't found what I was looking for.

I'm trying to assign a different Ring Pattern to a specific incoming phone number. My home phone doesn't have this feature and I would like to be able to do it with the OBi200.

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong direction when referring to Ring Pattern but I would like to know if that's something that can be done.

Thanks for reading.

azrobert

OBi devices are designed to assign a single ring pattern to all inbound calls on a trunk, but there is a hack to accomplish what you want.

Use OBi Expert to define a dummy trunk on SP4 with the ring pattern you want. Now route calls from that person out SP4 and loop it back to SP4. The call will be assigned the ring pattern from SP4. The following assumes the inbound call is on SP1.

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
{callerid:sp4(0)},{ph}

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile D  SIP -> ProxyServer: 127.0.0.1
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile D  SIP -> ProxyServerPort: 5063
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile D  SIP -> X_SpoofCallerID: Checked
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> AuthUserName: anything
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_RegisterEnable: unchecked
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_ServProvProfile: D
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_UserAgentPort: 5063
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_DefaultRing: 3

Replace callerid with the number of the person you want to assign a different Ring Pattern.
Look at the Call History for the format of callerid
Some providers send 10 digits, others 11 digits.
GV sends 11 with a "+" prefix.

127.0.0.1 is a loopback address and will loop the call back to the IP address of your OBi200.
Proxy Server Port 5063 will route the call to SP4.
The above will assign ring pattern 3 to the call.

mpelletier92

Wow, thanks a lot azrobert.

Works like a charm. I ended up using Ring Pattern 10 and made something custom.

I wish I was that comfortable playing with settings.

since83

Hi, I was following the instructions from azrobert above, but I must be missing something.  I am doing one thing differently.  Instead of using one single number in the X_InboundCallRoute I am using a user-defined digit map to cover several numbers.  Is that possible?  I think I have the syntax right:  {(Mwhitelist):sp4(0)},{(Mblacklist):},ph  - I just used what I already have for call blocking and put in sp4(0) in place of ph.

I changed all the configuration parameters you noted above.  However, I suspect I somehow have to activate the SP4 dummy service.  How would I go about doing that?

drgeoff

Quote from: since83 on November 04, 2020, 01:12:03 PM
Hi, I was following the instructions from azrobert above, but I must be missing something.  I am doing one thing differently.  Instead of using one single number in the X_InboundCallRoute I am using a user-defined digit map to cover several numbers.  Is that possible?  I think I have the syntax right:  {(Mwhitelist):sp4(0)},{(Mblacklist):},ph  - I just used what I already have for call blocking and put in sp4(0) in place of ph.

I changed all the configuration parameters you noted above.  However, I suspect I somehow have to activate the SP4 dummy service.  How would I go about doing that?
The lines

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile D  SIP -> ProxyServer: 127.0.0.1
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile D  SIP -> ProxyServerPort: 5063
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile D  SIP -> X_SpoofCallerID: Checked
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> AuthUserName: anything
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_RegisterEnable: unchecked
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_ServProvProfile: D
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_UserAgentPort: 5063

in azrobert's post above configure the dummy SP4.  But have you enabled it?  The very top line in Voice Services, SP4 Service.

since83