News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Port At&T number to GV/OBi

Started by fernhill208, September 19, 2011, 10:18:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fernhill208

Hello Folks - In addition to my primary AT&T mobile number I have an additional mobile number with AT&T Mobile that I wish to port to my GV/OBI. I have read up on the forum posts about porting from T-mobile, however I do not recall reading any experiences with AT&T mobile porting. Does anybody have Any tips or pitfalls to avoid?
Thanks!

tome

Quote from: fernhill208 on September 19, 2011, 10:18:54 AM
Hello Folks - In addition to my primary AT&T mobile number I have an additional mobile number with AT&T Mobile that I wish to port to my GV/OBI. I have read up on the forum posts about porting from T-mobile, however I do not recall reading any experiences with AT&T mobile porting. Does anybody have Any tips or pitfalls to avoid?
Thanks!

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=1432.0

Tom

tome

Quote from: fernhill208 on September 21, 2011, 06:32:49 AM
Thanks Tom!

No problem.  I am porting another number at the moment and it also seems to be going ok.  One oddity that didn't happen the first time, when you call back in to the ATT porting department to throw the final switch, enter the old Go Phone number as the number you are calling about.  I entered my home phone (the one I am porting) and got transferred around with much confusion on ATTs part.  On my second attempt (also entering the home number) I ended up just hanging up on someone giving me some drivel about how their department only handles inside porting and I had to call another number to get porting from a different carrier (even though I was with AT&T for both landline and mobile!).  Anyway, calling back and entering the Go Phone number got the switch thrown quickly.  Good luck.

Tom

Everton

In fernhill208's case, the number that he wants to port is already a mobile number and no need to go the GoPhone Route.  He doesn't need to communicate with AT&T...maybe to confirm that the account is cancelled.  He just need to make sure he has the pertinent information required for the AT&T to GV Port, initiated from within GV.

Quote from: tome on September 21, 2011, 07:02:32 AM
Quote from: fernhill208 on September 21, 2011, 06:32:49 AM
Thanks Tom!

No problem.  I am porting another number at the moment and it also seems to be going ok.  One oddity that didn't happen the first time, when you call back in to the ATT porting department to throw the final switch, enter the old Go Phone number as the number you are calling about.  I entered my home phone (the one I am porting) and got transferred around with much confusion on ATTs part.  On my second attempt (also entering the home number) I ended up just hanging up on someone giving me some drivel about how their department only handles inside porting and I had to call another number to get porting from a different carrier (even though I was with AT&T for both landline and mobile!).  Anyway, calling back and entering the Go Phone number got the switch thrown quickly.  Good luck.

Tom