News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi200 (Wireless) Not Receiving Calls

Started by Panama, February 12, 2019, 04:11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panama

Took OBi200 to FL for the winter. Was working perfectly in CT, where I spend summers, using an ethernet cable. Reset device to factory default. Deleted the device from the Dashboard and started over. Inserted USB Wireless dongle and attached the OB1200 to my network (never used an ethernet cable). Gets its IP address using DHCP. It was successfully added back to the dashboard and GV was successfully set as SP1. Makes outbound calls w/o any problems. Issues 1) will not receive inbound calls 2) dialing GV number from a phone does not generate the prompt for the PIN to access voicemail, but instead rings until voicemail picks up. Outbound calls to other phones show [No Name] on their Caller ID screen.

In searching the Internet for a solution, the solution most often cited for fixing the incoming call problem is to make sure GV forwards calls to Google Chat. That is no longer supported and I am at a loss as to what I should try next.

SteveInWA

Hi:

Any information you may have read about "Google Chat" is several years out of date.  Google Voice shut down its XMPP (Chat) servers, and it now uses SIP.

Your symptoms are a bit confused, but I am pretty sure your issue is that you have not properly set up Google Voice on whatever SP1 -SP4 slot you tried.  Start over with Google Voice setup.  You do NOT need to do another factory reset, which will wipe out your device's WiFi settings.

• On your browser, go here:  https://myaccount.google.com/.  In the "Apps with account access section", click the "MANAGE APPS" link, and then delete any telephony apps that have permission to use your account, including OBiTALK, Simonics GVGW and/or Asterisk.
    • Sign into your OBiTALK web portal/dashboard (NOTE:  Do NOT use the device's local web page interface.  Use only the OBiTALK portal.  Go here: http://www.obitalk.com/obinet/pg/obhdev
    • Click your OBiTALK device, then click the trash can icon to the right of the SP you had previously set up.  After that SP is deleted, then click it again, and follow the OBiTALK portal instructions to add Google Voice again.
    • When you get to the step where it will ask your permission to access your Google account, look closely at the gmail address it displays.  This address must be the same one that displays your Google Voice phone number, here:  https://voice.google.com/settings, and you must see "Google Voice number" at the top of the Google Voice settings page, with your inbound Google Voice number next to it.  If you not see a Google Voice number, then you are either looking at the wrong Google account, or you don't have a number.
    • Be patient, wait long enough for the device to be remotely reconfigured and reboot itself, and wait some more, util the SP status changes to "Connected".  After this is finished, try making inbound and outbound test calls.

Panama

@SteveInWA

Went through the steps you outlined.

At My Account on Google, only one app was listed as having account access and that was Google Voice having access to Google Hangouts. No other telephony apps were shown.

On the OBiTALK portal, Google Voice was configured as SP1. Deleted the entry, then reentered the information. Gmail addresses matched and correct Google Voice number was shown in the account settings.

It took a little while for the spinning wheel to stop and show that everything was connected. Subsequent trial calls both inbound and outbound worked as designed. I can also access the voice mailbox.

Is there any setting somewhere, that will allow me to enter the name I want to show up on the Caller ID at the receiving name other than [No Name]?

In searching the Internet yesterday, I saw a lot of your posts, many several years old, assisting other users. Let me add a special thank you for all of your years of dedicated service to this community.

P.

drgeoff

Quote from: Panama on February 13, 2019, 07:44:45 AM
Is there any setting somewhere, that will allow me to enter the name I want to show up on the Caller ID at the receiving name other than [No Name]?
Caller Name is NOT sent across the POTS or cellular networks.  Unless a call is purely VoIP end to end, any name that the callee sees is obtained by the callee's phone service provider doing a database lookup on the Caller ID number.