News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Unable to import google contacts into OBihai 202

Started by frankpc, November 30, 2018, 07:11:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frankpc

I read another thread that said, "Good news, for those having trouble with contacts in Extras, Obi downloaded new firmware to my OBI200 and It worked."

After spending hours trying to import contacts into my OBihai 202, I haven't been successful.  Does anyone know of a firmware upgrade and how to get the upgrade?

When I attempt to import the contacts into the Obihai 202, the process usually fails
("Importing failed. Please try again later!").  But when it does state that the process was successful ("Successfully Imported Your Google Contacts"), the following is shown under Obi Expert / System Status: "PhoneBookEntries  3 Unique Name/Number Pairs", which is what was shown previous to my attempt to import my current list of 600 contacts.

The CID-name display had been working for over a year until recently.

Any advice would be appreciated.

frankpc

Thank you for the response!

The firmware version in my 202 is currently 3.2.2 (Build: 5898EX).  I also notice that since I have ObiExtras, "auto firmware update" is disabled by a default ObiTalk setting.

Would you explain whether I should go ahead and manually update the firmware and whether, in your opinion, doing so might help with importing google contacts to the OBi?

I would like to understand why Obihai Support wouldn't automatically update the firmware.

Thank you for your time and expertise.

paimarc

I also am having trouble importing all of my 1,796 Google contacts (with multiple numbers each) for use with my OBi202.  Here is a response from OBi that I don't understand....what does "correlate" mean in this instance?  What does it mean to correlate a Name and Number?

"We have not seen limits set by Google Gmail Contacts (so far).  We have seen up to 2000.  Make sure all contacts are properly set with Name correlates with Number and try imports again.  According to some users, if Names/Numbers does not correlate in Gmail Contacts, the import will ONLY pull the correct Name/Numbers together."