News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Having OBI contact me when connection is off

Started by PeterLech, February 23, 2019, 01:19:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterLech

Periodically, my system goes down without notice. We only find out when someone calls our cells to advise, as the rest of our internet connected devices (TV, WIFi) are still working. Today is the second time in 2 months.

I do not use g-mail, but did search there for messages from OBI, but there were none.

Can  set something to have them notify my regular email account, and will they do it?

I cannot find a contact phone number for OBI. In December's outage, I could not contact them during an outage, and in desperation, signed up for Premium Support. Never heard from OBI, but miraculously, service began working....

Taoman

Simple enough since you paid for Premium Support.

From OBi Dashboard, click on the blue "gear" icon for your OBi device.
Put a check next to "Enable OBi Notify."

PeterLech

It was already checked, AFAIK.

What email address will OBI use - the one on my G-mail account?

I am signed on Google Voice with my ATT email account, but Obi is trying to use the gmail account, and I cannot change that.

SteveInWA

OBiNOTIFY uses the email address that is shown when you click on the "Edit Profile" link on the left column of the main OBiTALK dashboard.

PeterLech

Thanks, that is using the correct email address, hopefully i will get notifications in the future.

SteveInWA

I suppose it goes without saying, but I'll make the suggestion anyhow:  you can simply unplug your device and find out.  You should get an email in perhaps 10 minutes or so.