News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obihai 200 power light blinking green

Started by keraba, February 23, 2019, 06:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keraba

I've had an Obihai 200 for several years, and recently, the power light is just blinking green. There's no dial tone.

I've power cycled both it and the router. No change.

Ideas?

Sheffield_Steve

"If your OBi device is connected via the ethernet cable and the power LED is blinking GREEN, that indicates that the OBi device cannot get an IP address from your router. In other words, the OBi device cannot connect to the internet."

i.e. You have a network problem.  Router, etc.

Self-Troubleshooting Guide

drgeoff

A network problem should not also cause no dial tone. Looks like the OBi200 is faulty.

Try a hardware reset.

keraba

Thanks for the feedback and confirmation.

I've tried this a couple ways, without any change. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. I tried pressing the reset button with a paperclip; it didn't do anything. Then I held it down while powering it on; it just went through the same light sequence during power up.

So maybe a factory reset isn't working either, unless someone can suggest something different?

ricklawpsu

Wow. Mine just did this too. After about 9-10 months of good behavior. Tried reset, which completed but still didn't help the issue. Power light just keeps blinking/flashing green, no red whatsoever. Does not show up as a connected client on my router admin page.

Tried different network cables with no help. Seems bricked to me.

Quote from: keraba on February 23, 2019, 06:49:07 PM
I've had an Obihai 200 for several years, and recently, the power light is just blinking green. There's no dial tone.

I've power cycled both it and the router. No change.

Ideas?

azrobert

Do you have another 12v power supply you can try on your OBi200?

ricklawpsu

Quote from: azrobert on March 01, 2019, 07:45:46 AM
Do you have another 12v power supply you can try on your OBi200?

Fantastic suggestion. It was a bad power cord. Replaced mine and it works as normal.

I'm embarrassed that I didn't think of this first. Obi troubleshooting page for a blinking green power light suggests that there is no ip assignment/connection to network but we can add a bad power supply as another item to check for.