News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Stutter not Turning Off

Started by sp508, February 24, 2019, 05:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sp508

I am using an OBi 202 with Anveo. I want to have stutter on SP1 when there is a voice message on Anveo for SP1.

In Voice Services I have enabled: MWIEnable,X_VMWIEnable, MessageWaiting.

The problem is that the stutter is always on even though all the messages (new and old) have been deleted. I would like the stutter to be on only when there are new message.

If anyone can help that would be great.

SteveInWA

It's an unusual use of the settings, but the "MessageWaiting" "setting" isn't actually a setting.  It's a flag that turns on when there's a ...wait for it...message waiting.  It should be reset by the remote server when you listen to the message.  Go back to expert mode and un-check that box.  The stutter tone should turn off.

sp508

Hi, thanks so much fr getting back to me so quickly. My delay in responding should not be confused with my lack of interest.

My issue is that the MessageWaiting flag does not work. It does not turn on and off. Anveo is showing that the WMI Subscription is not communicating with Anveo.

Is there a setting that I am missing??

SteveInWA

I don't use Anveo, so I have no experience using their implementation of message waiting.  Perhaps somebody else here is an Anveo customer who has dealt with this.

The administration guide describes the operation as I mentioned, but I just now tested it with Callcentric:  I left a message on my CC voicemail.  All of the ATA-attached phones and IP phones have their VMWI lamps on.  But, the MessageWaiting flag isn't checked.  It's probably controlled by the ITSP, who ought to be able to reset it for you.

Jackson

Quote from: sp508 on March 04, 2019, 01:32:24 PM

My issue is that the MessageWaiting flag does not work. It does not turn on and off. Anveo is showing that the WMI Subscription is not communicating with Anveo.

Is there a setting that I am missing??
So ticking this makes no difference? 

LarryInForum

I had a similar problem.   By default, it may take up to an hour for the MWI light/tone to be set or cleared.

Try setting X_MWISubscribeExpires as shown below.

This causes the MWI subscription to renew after three minutes.  The setting is made in Obi Expert under Service Provides / ITSP Profile SIP.

By default, you may see a value of 3600 there (3600 seconds), which accounts for the possible one-hour delay.

Note that to change this value, you must uncheck the Device Default and OBiTALK settings as shown in the image.