News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Newbie: setup CallCentric as E911

Started by SpringboroGuy, February 24, 2019, 08:11:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpringboroGuy

I'm a newbie and this is my first time posting to ObiTalk forum.  I just bought a Obi200 and set up Google Voice on it.  Now, I can make and receive calls through Google voice.   Now, I would like to set up E911 service also.  I've looked into Callcentric and would like to sign it up as E911 service.  It looks like the cheapest plan is the "North America Basic" plan for $1.99/month with E911 and it also comes with 120 outbound minutes.

Right now, I set up Google voice in SP1.  If I signed up for the Callcentric E911 "North America Basic" plan and register it in SP2 in my OBi200, I assume all my incoming and outbound calls are still going through Google Voice in SP1.  Is that correct?   If I need to dial "911", it will then use CallCentric in SP2 for the "911" call.  Is that correct?

I just want to make sure the normal inbound and outbound calls (except 911) are using Google Voice (SP1) - not Callcentric.

Thanks!

azrobert

No call routing is changed after SP2 is defined for Callcentric. You need to check the box for Emergency Calls when you setup Callcentric then 911 will be routed to SP2.

If you want, a Trunk Group can be defined, so outbound calls will failover to Callcentric when GV is down. This requires using OBi Expert to make the configuration changes.

SpringboroGuy

Great, I'll be sure to check the "Emergency Calls" checkbox when I set up Callcentric in SP2.

Once I do that, is that correct that all inbound and outbound calls will be using Google Voice SP1 except for 911 call?  I just want to make sure SP2 won't be used for the normal inbound and outbound calls as it only has 120 minutes per month.

I am using Google Voice mostly for receiving incoming calls, i.e. doctor office can leave a message or misc business people call.  If GV goes down, I can always use my cellphone to make call so that is not a big issue for me.

Thank you for sharing your inputs, Azrobert.

azrobert

Quote from: SpringboroGuy on February 24, 2019, 09:48:10 AM
Once I do that, is that correct that all inbound and outbound calls will be using Google Voice SP1 except for 911 call? 

Yes

Taoman

Quote from: SpringboroGuy on February 24, 2019, 09:48:10 AM
I just want to make sure SP2 won't be used for the normal inbound and outbound calls as it only has 120 minutes per month.

To use your 120 Callcentric minutes just preface the number dialed with **2. The call will then be routed to SP2.

But you will probably want to contact Callcentric first so they can change your outbound CID to match your Google Voice number.

SpringboroGuy

Awesome!  Taoman and Azrobert, thank you for your response and inputs.