News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to **(1, 2, 3, 4, etc.) the SPs of Two OBi202s on One PBX System

Started by LTN1, March 01, 2019, 07:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LTN1

For a long time, I've just used one OBi202 with 4 SP slots with my PBX system. If I wanted to use SP3 or SP4 to dial out, I can just **3 or **4 prior to dialing the number. Now that I added a second OBi202 to the same connected system, how do I use the ** command to access the SPs on the second OBi device?

Is there a way to configure the second device to follow the command of **5, **6, etc.? Or, is there a more simple way of accessing the SPs for the second device? I'd appreciate any thoughts.

(Just for further information, I can easily configure which of the first 2 SP lines on each OBi202 device to use with the PBX system itself--as they are the actual lines, however, to use SPs 3 and 4, the default using the command ** will only initiate the first OBi202 SPs 3 and 4 and not the second OBi202's SPs 3 and 4.)

azrobert

LTN1

Both OBis are on the same OBiTalk account. The first OBi is connected to lines 1 and 2 of the PBX. The second is connected to lines 3 and 4. There are other lines and VoIP lines but that is separate from the first 4 lines. The PBX is set up to connect to the first available line and roll over to the next one if one is in use.

I can pick up an extension and dial directly--or, I can use the command of ** (1, 2, 3, etc.) to choose one of the SPs on the first OBi202. I'm not sure how I would choose the SPs of the second OBi.

LTN1

I got the answer to my situation, azrobert. Thanks for your response.