News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Dashboard Listed Order

Started by bsdaiwa, March 03, 2019, 04:23:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bsdaiwa

Would anyone know if and how you can change the order the devices appear on the dashboard. It would seem that they currently appear in the order they were added but I would like to reorder them by their speed dial number. Would anyone know if that can be done?
Thanks

drgeoff

I don't know what determines the order nor do I know how to change it.  But I can say that at least in my case they are not exactly in order of date added to my dashboard.

Sheffield_Steve

I think I'm missing something here.

But aren't they just in the order of the server provider number? e.g.:

SP1
SP2
SP3
SP4

Taoman

Quote from: Sheffield_Steve on March 03, 2019, 09:19:22 AM
I think I'm missing something here.

SP1, SP2, SP3, and SP4 are not "devices."

Quote from: bsdaiwa on March 03, 2019, 04:23:22 AM
but I would like to reorder them by their speed dial number.

If that's your reason it would be a whole lot easier to just change the order of your speed dials.

I've wanted to change the order of my OBi devices also but have never found a way to do it other than deleting them and adding them back to the dashboard in the order you want them.

bsdaiwa

Changing the speed dial numbers does not change the order that the OBi is listed on the dashboard. I think the only way is to delete and reinstall but that is really not a good method.
I would think that the best method would be to allow users to click on the column heading to sort the devices in ascending or descending order much like Window File Manager.