News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Outgoing call as company extension

Started by ho1230, March 03, 2019, 03:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ho1230

Can I set-up two (or more) different obi devices as a company phone.

For example:

The first one (obi 202) set up at the front desk, and it's connecting to all SPs. When someone calls in, it only rings to the front desk, the front desk can forward the calls to the different extensions.

and The second (third, fourth...) one (obi 200), the incoming calls can't ring to them directly, but they can call by using the 1st one's SP by press 9 (but without any front desk or AA answer).

right now, I already set up the first one. but the second one, when I don't set up any SP. I can't call any number even obi number.

thank you so much ^_^

azrobert

You can define all your service providers on the OBi200. Now the person connected to the OBi200 can make outbound calls.

You can prevent the OBi200 from ringing on inbound calls by using OBi Expert to modify the X_InboundCallRoute from ph to {}

The X_InboundCallRoute can be found here:
Voice Services -> SPx Service

You can assign an extension number to the OBi200 by clicking on Link Devices from the Dashboard.

Edit:

The default settings will only allow the OBi202 to transfer 2 active calls.
Use OBi Expert to make the following change on the OBI202:

Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service -> MaxSessions: 10

ho1230

thanks for your response.

But the main cause that I want to set this up is I don't need to set all devices up again if I change my VOIP-SP.
If the obi devices (200 or 101 doesn't matter whatever it is) can works alone with an only obi-sip setup.

azrobert

Quote from: ho1230 on March 03, 2019, 05:41:04 PM
But the main cause that I want to set this up is I don't need to set all devices up again if I change my VOIP-SP.

Good point.

I need some info.
How many providers do you have?
Are they conventional SIP or Google Voice?
Will you have 1 SP available on the OBi202 to communicate with the OBi200's? This is only required when your providers are all Google Voice.

Alternately, you can use the OBiTalk network to communicate between devices, but then you are dependent on the OBiTalk network. If it goes down, you lose communications.

Do you know how to use OBi Expert?

Don't do anything with Link Devices. This uses the OBiTalk network. You can just use your local network to setup extensions.

ho1230

Quote from: azrobert on March 03, 2019, 08:29:21 PM
Quote from: ho1230 on March 03, 2019, 05:41:04 PM

Good point.

I need some info.
How many providers do you have?
Are they conventional SIP or Google Voice?
Will you have 1 SP available on the OBi202 to communicate with the OBi200's? This is only required when your providers are all Google Voice.

Alternately, you can use the OBiTalk network to communicate between devices, but then you are dependent on the OBiTalk network. If it goes down, you lose communications.

Do you know how to use OBi Expert?

Don't do anything with Link Devices. This uses the OBiTalk network. You can just use your local network to setup extensions.

I do have a Cisco 2821 router which can be a SIP server.

for now, I have 3 GV as SP. the first one is for normal use, the second one is direct connect to the fax machine, and the third one as a special number for something else.

I know it's easy to use if I use a local server. But for now, I would like to use "link device", since I don't have PBX or other servers setup yet.

I did use OBi Expert to set up my 202 (front desk). but just don't know how to set up the others.

azrobert

Any number dialed on the OBi200 will be routed out the OBi202's SP1. This setup uses the OBiTalk network to route calls between the boxes, therefore the OBiTalk network must be functioning.

Routing calls to SP2 or SP3 will require a prefix on the dialed number. You can use a single digit, 2xxxxxxxxxx routed to SP2 and 3xxxxxxxxxx routed to SP3. This will require additional code.

Use OBi Expert to make the following changes:

OBi202

Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service -> InboundCallRoute:
{(510222222|510333333):sp1},{ph}

Replace 510222222 with the OBi number of the OBi200#1
Replace 510333333 with the OBi number of the OBi200#2

All OBi200's

Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port -> OutboundCallRoute:
The 1st rule is: {([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp}
Change it to: {(<510111111*>(Msp1)):pp}

Replace 510111111 with OBi number of the OBi202

ho1230

Thanks azrobert !

It works as what I want now.

But I got an other problem here now. Since you route all calls that from pp direct to sp1, how can I call frontdesk from those extensions?

azrobert

I assume you assigned an extension number to the OBi202.

OBi202:
Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service -> InboundCallRoute:
{(510222222|510333333)>(Msp1):sp1},{ph}

Now dial the extension#

Also increase the max sessions.

Voice Services -> SP1 and OBiTalk Services -> MaxSessions: 6

ho1230

It's working now ^_^

Thank you so much