Anyone lose Callerid when they dropped out of the Callcentric Free Phone Plan?

Started by toalson, March 06, 2019, 01:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toalson

Don't know if it was related but around end of Feb when I didn't opt in to convert from CC's discontinued free phone number plan to their other plans, I lost callerid on incoming calls.  Just a number shows now for the most part.

I didn't change anything else.  CC says they just pass on the callerid from google.  I read google had issues back in Nov 18' with callerid.  Checking to see if others on CC and didn't opt in, notice anything unusual.

Calls were always to my google voice number and forwarded to CC in the past.

Taoman

Your Callcentric DID should no longer be working if you didn't opt in. My guess is incoming GV calls are being routed directly to your OBi device and not through CC.

QuoteWhat happens if I do not opt-in to convert my Free Phone Numbers to the new Dollar Unlimited plan?

Any FREE Numbers that have not been converted to our NEW Dollar Unlimited plan will be automatically cancelled on 2/28/19.

Do you see current incoming GV calls in your Callcentric call records?

toalson

Correct, didn't opt in so nothing forwarded to CC.  GV routed to my Obi device.  No  incoming GV calls in history after I didn't opt in and CC ended the free number plan.  Just wondering if it was coincidence of many "out of area" calls and no callerid was due to my not opting in or something else i needed to change?

Taoman

Ok, so CC is irrelevant to this thread.

Google Voice does not provide CNAM. You will only see the calling number.

If you want to replace the "out of area" message with the calling number (so the calling number will be displayed twice) try changing CidNoNameFormat to "Show caller number."

You can find that under Phone 1-->Port Settings.

toalson

Thanks, I'll take a look into that setting when I get the chance later.