News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Connect Failed: No Response (as of today 3/9) Across MULTIPLE OBI 508's

Started by transam98, March 09, 2019, 05:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

transam98

UPDATE..... so I UNPLUGGED My 2nd OBI BOX(508) (from network... 6 hours..)
just plugged it back in
Left ONLY 1 NUMBER in the 508 BOX 1 (a GV)

that BOX # 1 GV line says CONNECTED (prolly still provisioning as call wont go through ?)... when you dial a # it just sits there.....

Lines on BOX # 2 say the same thing.... connect failed no response.

so now I just checked SOFTWARE VERSIONS....
BOX #1 that has GV # that says connected but just sits there...

IT WAS PUSHED A SOFTWARE VERSION    4.0.5 (Build: 5980) @@

so im guessing OBI MAYBE knows the problem and is working on it ???

SteveInWA

This thread has become a cesspool of ranting and whining and posting a lot of incoherent information.  Stop already.  Enough.

Look:  all that matters, is the you're having some sort of problem on your 508s.  I already said, repeatedly, that it could have been one of several issues, which could have been caused by either company. 

As of around 5pm PT Friday, the problem was identified, and the fixed firmware build was being pushed out.

If your device or one or more of its Service Provider configurations isn't working with a given Google account/GV number, then follow the usual steps to delete that SP off of your dashboard, wait for the device to reboot, then follow the steps to click on the SPx, select Google Voice to configure, and complete the steps.

Important:  Since you have multiple Google accounts, and Google allows you to be signed into multiple accounts on the same web browser, you should open an "Incognito" browsing window on Google Chrome Browser by pressing Ctrl-Shift-N, or opan a "Private" browsing window on Firefox by pressing Ctrl-Shift-P.  Sign into only one of the accounts in one tab, open another tab and sign into the OBiTALK portal.  Repair that configuration and any others on this Google account.  Then, close the incognito/private window to remove those accounts, and reopen the window, repeat the steps if necessary, until you're done.

transam98

I followed as above EXACTLY.... on portal says CONNECTED.. but when you dial in a # (1+AC+NUMBER) it just sits there, does nothing ;(

Anyone else have this same scenario ???

*Ive ONLY entered 1 GV # nothing else....

and I did the remove all, Reboot Obi, Entered credentials for 1 GV #.

Mango

Quote from: SteveInWA on March 16, 2019, 02:09:20 AMAs of around 5pm PT Friday, the problem was identified, and the fixed firmware build was being pushed out.

Got a link to that fixed firmware?  5980 isn't it.

loumarjr

Quote from: transam98 on March 16, 2019, 08:46:53 AM
I followed as above EXACTLY.... on portal says CONNECTED.. but when you dial in a # (1+AC+NUMBER) it just sits there, does nothing ;(

I did the same thing you did and mine is not working either.  Dial tone, dial, then silence.  Seems that the fix does not work.

transam98

Quote from: Mango on March 16, 2019, 09:42:42 AM
Quote from: SteveInWA on March 16, 2019, 02:09:20 AMAs of around 5pm PT Friday, the problem was identified, and the fixed firmware build was being pushed out.

Got a link to that fixed firmware?  5980 isn't it.
I didnt DL the FW it was pushed to my one box that was powered on. you probably should EMAIL them your service # so they can push it to your box, probably wont work also....

transam98

Quote from: loumarjr on March 16, 2019, 12:08:10 PM
Quote from: transam98 on March 16, 2019, 08:46:53 AM

And I did what steve suggested the logging out of ALL Google tabs, then doing ONE incognito... glad it isnt just me !

One thing is it DOES now say connected lol.... just get the silent treatment ;(
I did the same thing you did and mine is not working either.  Dial tone, dial, then silence.  Seems that the fix does not work.

loumarjr

I have 4.0.5 (5980).  My google voice does not work and now my localphone account on Obi doesn't work.

On localphone, the website shows that Obi is connected to their service and on the Obi website, it shows that localphone is registered.  then attempting to make a call.  The Obi states the service is not registered and says to configure the service.

This is becoming very frustrating.

loumarjr

transam98,

Any luck with google voice?  my localphone on Obi seems to work now.  I still get dead air when i try to call with google voice even though the status is connected.

transam98

nope DEAD here the fix didnt actually FIX anyones ;(

Everyone gets the same thing.... CONNECTED and then you DIAL and DEAD AIR...

As for localphone I dont know what that is (lol) never used it...

So maybe firmware only fixed "localphone" and also now makes GV say connected but thats it  ??? ??? ???

loumarjr

Quote from: transam98 on March 16, 2019, 07:51:56 PM
nope DEAD here the fix didnt actually FIX anyones ;(

Everyone gets the same thing.... CONNECTED and then you DIAL and DEAD AIR...

As for localphone I dont know what that is (lol) never used it...

So maybe firmware only fixed "localphone" and also now makes GV say connected but thats it  ??? ??? ???

No, it fixed nothing.  I forgot with the obi508, you can prefix a number with **1 to call the number from SP1, and you can do the same with SP2,3, and 4.  But you cant **8 and have the service dial out on SP8.  You have to dial with speed dial to use SP8 unless you have the config to default to the port you are using. localphone is just another phone provider.

Hopefully GV will be fixed soon.

Transam98, if you want to PM me, I can show you a temporary work around for GV calling on obi, it is not perfect, but works well.

transam98

LoumarJr: I sent ya a PM !

Ive done more and more reading.,....

What I believe has happened is UNAUTHORIZED "PBX" people.... (I dont know what the PBX Software is) but sounds like a software comparable version of a SIP setup like Obi... Well I believe what was done is someone ripped off like a certificate or credentials or something similar to OBI using some part of OBI Stuff again... like a certificate...

and were USING it to access GV VIA SIP (or something close) and GV only wants AUTHORIZED people accessing thier system using only AUTHORIZED equipment (aka obi)... so they blocked however or whatever was done... fallout is it CUT OFF all OBI... and here we are waiting 2 weeks later (well a few days into week 2).

so in reason ... the reason it DOESN'T WORK is someone tried to beat the system I guess... downside is it screwed us.... But rather GV talking to their AUTH provider(obi) and OBI having a FIX READY... they Killed off the MASSES and take action and FIX Later I guess was the approach.....

Since this is the way they did it I can only guess is it must have been massive what "pbx" or whatever its called did....

S.R.

Quote from: transam98 on March 18, 2019, 10:11:13 PM
Ive done more and more reading.,....

What I believe has happened is UNAUTHORIZED "PBX" people.... (I dont know what the PBX Software is) but sounds like a software comparable version of a SIP setup like Obi... Well I believe what was done is someone ripped off like a certificate or credentials or something similar to OBI using some part of OBI Stuff again... like a certificate...

and were USING it to access GV VIA SIP (or something close) and GV only wants AUTHORIZED people accessing thier system using only AUTHORIZED equipment (aka obi)... so they blocked however or whatever was done... fallout is it CUT OFF all OBI... and here we are waiting 2 weeks later (well a few days into week 2).

so in reason ... the reason it DOESN'T WORK is someone tried to beat the system I guess... downside is it screwed us.... But rather GV talking to their AUTH provider(obi) and OBI having a FIX READY... they Killed off the MASSES and take action and FIX Later I guess was the approach.....

Since this is the way they did it I can only guess is it must have been massive what "pbx" or whatever its called did....
Where did you read this? I was using PBXes GVSIP till it was shut down recently.
https://www2.pbxes.com

transam98

I had googled so I don't recall the exact page it was some forum message boards and that is why yours probably went off as something in your software that "made" it work was supposedly STOLEN from OBI's software as they are the ONLY one authorized to be using GV and HARDWARE together as a SIP Provider (unless you use google hangouts)... I guess the PBXES software was ahack to make it work on GV from what I read a few days ago and against the TOS, that's why GV intervened, its only allowed to work on OBI hardware as they are supported OFFICIALLY.

Mango

Quote from: transam98 on March 18, 2019, 10:11:13 PMWhat I believe has happened is UNAUTHORIZED "PBX" people....

The real reason is most likely nowhere near that fantastic.

The OBi5 firmware does not support SNI, an extension of TLS.  (Google it if you're unfamiliar - the Wikipedia article is pretty informative.)  The firmware is simply old and has not been upgraded like the 20x firmware has to keep up with Google's changes.

A version of the hacked firmware has been made by a volunteer that corrects this.  Unfortunately it's unhelpful for you because we don't know how to flash it using new versions of the official firmware.  It only works if you are upgrading from an older version of the hacked firmware.

transam98

You are correct ! I don't know what TLS/SNI is ;( Ill read the wikipedia on it later :) Only posting what I saw that seemed to all fit..... But as you said the 50X isn't updated as the 20X is ;( What we DEFINITELY do know is Obi/Polycom is DEFINITELY Lagging and behind.... they fixes the MOST POPULAR cheaper devices as there is a LOT more of them but anyone that has a 50X has a BRICK although OBI gets premium buxs for the 50X Guess they don't care and it isn't a priority....

Its ok because NO ONE WILL BUY a 508 if they aren't currently working which = LOST SALES !

loumarjr

Any progress on this?  My 508 still says connected but I have dead air after dialing a number.

transam98

nope same BS different day (or should I say WEEK) ! I guess it shows the support we get for being a fool and spending a LOT of $$ on 508's !

MalibuKen

Quote from: SteveInWA on March 16, 2019, 02:09:20 AM
This thread has become a cesspool of ranting and whining and posting a lot of incoherent information.  Stop already.  Enough.

Look:  all that matters, is the you're having some sort of problem on your 508s.  I already said, repeatedly, that it could have been one of several issues, which could have been caused by either company. 

As of around 5pm PT Friday, the problem was identified, and the fixed firmware build was being pushed out.

If your device or one or more of its Service Provider configurations isn't working with a given Google account/GV number, then follow the usual steps to delete that SP off of your dashboard, wait for the device to reboot, then follow the steps to click on the SPx, select Google Voice to configure, and complete the steps.

Important:  Since you have multiple Google accounts, and Google allows you to be signed into multiple accounts on the same web browser, you should open an "Incognito" browsing window on Google Chrome Browser by pressing Ctrl-Shift-N, or opan a "Private" browsing window on Firefox by pressing Ctrl-Shift-P.  Sign into only one of the accounts in one tab, open another tab and sign into the OBiTALK portal.  Repair that configuration and any others on this Google account.  Then, close the incognito/private window to remove those accounts, and reopen the window, repeat the steps if necessary, until you're done.

Updated the firmware and followed these instructions.  Google voice is still down...

transam98

Yep you are Correct ! 508's do NOT work with the new firmware pushed to them (or manually updated) Last friday for Google Voice.