News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Contacts and Name for CallerID

Started by SJMaye61, March 10, 2019, 05:59:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SJMaye61

When i installed the Obi200 I imported my contacts from my Google account to my Obi.  I made a test call from my cell (in my imported contacts list) and my name and phone number appeared on the LCD CallerID display on my home phone.  

Then my daughter called.  Her name was also in the imported contacts lists, yet here name did not appear.  She called several times, but no name ever appeared.

I looked at Google Voice-  It's call logs registered the call and correctly matched her name to the phone number dialing in.  This leads me to believe it has to do with the contact list I imported in to the Obi.

1. Can someone explain why this is happening?

2. And explain how the Obi contacts list works with Caller ID name on my phone?

3. Where can I see the list of contact names imported in to Obi?

SteveInWA

Hi:

I answered your question over on the Google Voice forum.

The contact name import on the OBiTALK portal is useless for OBi ATAs, unless you pay to subscribe to OBiEXTRAs.  It won't match names to numbers on inbound calls.  And, that's the problem:  you can't manage the imported list of your Google Contacts on the OBi device. 

Google Voice, by itself, does not send caller name - just the number.

Anything you see on your cordless phone's LCD screen is coming from the address book on that phone.  If you want your daughter's name to appear, then add it to your own telephone's address book.

SJMaye61

So you are Bluescat?  Wow.  Yes, you did.  Mystery solved.  I just need to focus more on my phone's contact list.  Thanks.