News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Possible bug in the OBI200 - Voice Gateway setting

Started by TTCP, March 11, 2019, 12:56:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TTCP

Hi, I think I find a possible bug in my OBI200 - Voice Gateway.

In the Voice Gateway page, I set the following data:

AccessNumber = SP1(toronto.voip.ms;ui=my_userid:my_password)

DigitMap = (121212345678)
                     (Yes, only a hard-coded dedicated actual number here. )

In my phone's OutboundCallRoute setting, I have the following snippet set, among other routes:
    {(121212345678):VG1}

Also, my SP1 has some SIP route set.

But if I lift the phone handset, and dial 121212345678, I find I cannot make this call. I go to the Status->Call-History page, and I find the following:
    To SP1(121@toronto.voip.ms)
    Call Ended (484 Address Incomplete)

Is it that the Voice Gateway DigitMap entry can only accept the default "(xx.)" value?  Any other value will cause it to malfunction?

My OBI200:
    HardwareVersion: 1.4
    SoftwareVersion: 3.2.2 (Build: 5921EX)

Thanks,
Tim

TTCP

I changed the Voice Gateway DigitMap entry back to the default "(xx.)" value.  But I found it is still failing with exactly the same error message.

So it looks like the new firmware totally screwed up the Voice Gateway functionality in my OBI200.  And Polycom may secretly hope that this will go unnoticed for a long time since presumably Voice Gateway is a little-used functionality.

azrobert

Voice Gateways work for me.

Try defining the VG like this:
AccessNumber: SP1(toronto.voip.ms)
DigitMap: (121212345678)
AuthUserID: your_userid
AuthPassword: your_password

FYI the DigitMap does nothing unless you reference it.
This is an example:
{(Mvg1):VG1}

Edit:
SP1 can't be defined as Google Voice. GV is now SIP, but I tried using it for a VG and it doesn't work.

TTCP

Thanks azrobert for the helpful reply!

Yes, it seems I must put the user ID and password separately, in the "AuthUserID" & "AuthPassword" textbox separately.  The syntax of combinging user ID and password into the "AccessNumber" textbox is no longer working.