March 26, 2019, 11:57:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Few questions before buying Obihai  (Read 875 times)
Bond007

« on: March 11, 2019, 05:55:20 pm »

I am interested in buying Obihai device for home use.

An answer to the below questions will help me to make a decision.

1. Which device support google voice and this support will not be withdrawn in the next few years?

2. How is to contact Obihia support in case of problem/issues?

3. I noticed that your website say’s google voice does not support 911, this can be available for a minimum fee. Where I can find details about this one, unfortunately, I did not find the web page for this one.

4. What is a warranty Obihai provided for device and service?

5. How to transfer the current VOIP phone number to google voice?

Thanks in Advance.

Mango

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 11:47:07 am »

1. The OBi2 series is the latest version that is advertised to have Google Voice support.  However, no one will make any guarantees about a free service's availability over the next few years.

2. Obihai's support has never been particularly good, but post-Polycom takeover we have seen a spike in complaints.  I would not purchase an Obihai product with the expectation of receiving high quality support, or any support at all, when you have a problem.  If you need support, pick a service provider such as Callcentric that will charge a fee for their services, but provide support.

3. It can be purchased from a variety of service providers for varying fees.  Anveo (via OBiTALK), Callcentric ($1.50/month), or GV911 ($12/year).

4. Theoretically a year, but see 2.

5. https://www.obitalk.com/info/tutorials/porttutorial

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: