News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

new OBi1062 does not work with Plantronics EncorePro HW720 headset

Started by orudie, March 13, 2019, 01:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orudie

Hello. I just received and installed a new OBi1062 phone. I cannot get my Plantronics EncorePro HW720 headset to work with OBi1062 RJ9 headset connector. After connecting the headset to OBi1062 RJ9 port I hit the headset button and all I hear is silence. I have two of these headsets which work fine with another Cisco phone. Any idea why these headsets do not work with OBi1062?

SteveInWA

Hi:  you need a specific adapter cable, and the Plantronics cables are device-specific (different cables for different brands and models of phones).

I believe this is the correct one:  PL-38099-01 U10P-S, but I suggest that you contact Plantronics and ask them:

1-800-544-4660

Also, you need to sign into the OBiTALK portal, click on your phone, and get into expert configuration mode.  See my screenshot.  You need to set "Preferred headset device" to "RJ9 Headset".  You may also want to experiment with the volume and gain levels, too.

Note: To edit a parameter's value in OBi Expert mode, you must remove both checkmarks to the far right of the row you want to edit.  Scroll down and click the submit button, and wait a few minutes for the portal to remotely make the change and reboot the phone.

If you can't get it to work via RJ-9, you can buy a Plantronics "audio processor" cable, that has a DAC to convert the headset's analog audio to digital over a USB connector.