News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

2 GV Numbers, Best way to configure

Started by Kedyl, September 20, 2011, 08:29:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kedyl

Hi, I'm a novice at this, I have 2 GV accounts with 2 different numbers. I have 2 obi 110's available, I want to be able to receive calls from both numbers and also dial out using either number whenever needed. I have ports available in my router. Do I need both obi's or can these be done with only 1 obi? What is the best way to do this? Thanks a lot in advance.......Ked

RonR

One OBi can be configured with two Google Voice accounts.

Incoming calls from either account will ring the OBi PHONE Port (with Call Waiting signaling if a call is already in progress).

Calls will go out the account of your choice by default and you can select the other account by prefixing the dialed number with **1 or **2 (depending on which account you made default).

To manually configure the OBi from factory defaults, log into the OBi (admin/admin) at the IP address returned by dialing ***1 and set:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> Name : Google Voice
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> SignalingProtocol : Google Voice

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthUserName : (Google Voice #1 username)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthPassword : (Google Voice #1 password)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_SkipCallScreening : (checked)

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName : (Google Voice #2 username)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthPassword : (Google Voice #2 password)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_SkipCallScreening : (checked)

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : (SP1 Service OR SP2 Service)

Click Submit at the bottom of any page you've made changes to before leaving that page.

Click Reboot in the upper right corner after all changes have been made.

Kedyl

Ron, thank you, I followed the directions, this is what happens:

Call coming to SP2 rings the phone, Good.

Call comingto SP1 DOES NOT ring, goes to GV.

I can use SP1 or SP2 for out bound calls without problem.

So, the issue is with the calls coming to SP1 not coming to the phone, what could be wrong? Tks....Ked

RonR

If you can make calls using either account (**1 + number and **2 + number), incoming calls should be working from both accounts.

Is the number you're calling into Google Voice from listed in Google Voice?  If so:

In advanced settings for that phone number in your Google Voice account, change:

Direct access to voicemail when calling your Google number from this phone?

Yes (default for mobile phones)

to

No (requires pressing star during greetings -- default for non-mobile phones)

Kedyl

Ron, thanks, but the mysterious problem remains. No, the number I'm calling from is not listed in either Google account. I tried from an entirely different number with the same result, SP1 gives a few rings and GV VM kicks in after that????????

RonR

Quote from: Kedyl on September 21, 2011, 11:57:22 AM
Call comingto SP1 DOES NOT ring, goes to GV.

Quote from: Kedyl on September 21, 2011, 01:24:41 PM
SP1 gives a few rings and GV VM kicks in after that

Which is it?   :)

Google Voice VM will kick in if you don't answer the call within 25 seconds (approximately 4 rings).

Kedyl

Ron, that's what happens, the call does not ring the phone, I hear the ringing tone from the calling phone until the VM kicks in.

SP2 starts ringing the phone just a moment after the number is dialled.

Since I already have another OBI available, would you mind posting the settings to get 2 OBI's installed for these two numbers? Thanks.,.......Ked

RonR

Kedyl,

OK, now I see what you meant.

The OBi is intended to support two Google Voice accounts simultaneously and it's a very common usage.

Try swapping the username/password pairs on SP1 and SP2 and see if the problem stays on SP1 or if the probem is with the Google Voice account and moves to SP2.

DaveSin

I don't know if this will help, but:

A) Try making an outgoing call from within gmail account associated with SP1 and

B)  Make sure you are sign out of chat on that account.

Also, checking your GV setting on Voice Settings for that GV account associated with SP1 and make sure Google Chat is enabled (Checked).  Do you know if the incoming calls to GV1 (SP1) is hitting your OBi110?  That is, when you call the GV Number and access you OBi110 (through the web interface) and you look at the Call Status, do you see the incoming call?

RonR

Quote from: DaveSin on September 21, 2011, 02:47:38 PM
Also, checking your GV setting on Voice Settings for that GV account associated with SP1 and make sure Google Chat is enabled (Checked).

That's most likely the problem.

Kedyl

Ron and Dave, I'm still lost on this, I can report the following:

I can make an outgoing call from within Gmail account associated with the problem.

I'm signed out of the chat account (I never signed in anyways).

Google Chat is enabled (always has been).

Incoming call from this account is NOT hitting the OBI, its not showing there.

When Username and PW pairs swapped problem moves to SP2 (as Ron suspected, problem pointing to GV account).

However, settings on both accounts are identical (except the username, even the PW are the same), I checked and checked, the only exception is the problem account has a long (about 230) contacts list.

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated, I don't want to lose the GV number since its given to many.

Thanks........Ked

RonR

Kedyl,

If you have a PSTN or cell phone number configured and enabled as a Google Voice forwarding phone number in addition to Google Chat, is that number called when an incoming call is received?

If the two accounts are configured 100% identically but one doesn't receive incoming calls, it appears to be a Google Voice problem and you're going to have to get Google Voice to correct it.