News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Small Business Google Adds phone calls not coming throught

Started by BWMR, March 19, 2019, 11:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BWMR

I own a small business and switched over to Obihai talk about a year and a half ago and recently noticed that when someone clicks on our phone number through our google listing or our website, it rings through to the phone but no audio is there. If I answer the same call on my cell phone then it works. any thoughts?

drgeoff

Quote from: BWMR on March 19, 2019, 11:01:17 AM
I own a small business and switched over to Obihai talk about a year and a half ago and recently noticed that when someone clicks on our phone number through our google listing or our website, it rings through to the phone but no audio is there. If I answer the same call on my cell phone then it works. any thoughts?
Not enough info.

Your Obi device is only part of the story.  It does nothing unless it is configured to work with an Internet Telephony Service Provider that you have subscribed to.  You have not revealed which ITSP that is.

If a caller dials the number using a phone (landline, cellphone) does the call work properly?

How exactly is someone who clicks the number on your website supposed to be able to make what they say be heard by you?

BWMR

When someone dials our number directly everything works as it should and we have no issues.

We use google voice for our phone, and it links to our OBIHAI and my personal cell phone.

When you search for us in Google and our information comes up and you click on call this person on your smartphone Google then used your phone to call us. When this happens we get a phone call through both the OBIHAI line and my cell phone. If it is answered through the OBIHAI line there is no audio and we have to call the phone number back. If these are answered through my cell phone everything works as it should. We have learned to identify which is which based on the caller ID that is presented.

All issues are based on people using their smartphones.